exintake question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exintake question

i heard that there was a way to get more power by taking a exhaust camshaft off a bp05 head and puttin it for your intake camshaft. is this true? what type of modification is required for this if there's any. what other procedures would i have to do to make this worki, if it can be done.
    Diamond Image's 91 Protege LX
    "The Sleeper"

this time i'll have to say use the advanced search. There have been a few in depth threads about this that should tell you everything you need to know.

But yes, you heard correct. you'll need an adjustable cam gear.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i'll just ask since there's already a thread

will need one adjustable cam gear? or both?

what kind of hp gains are there?

Comment

please research that. If you truely seek to do this mod (worth it & then some)
        you'll need to search for the installation information anyhow.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

This is a pretty informative one:

Comment

so basically all i have to do is get a ex. camshaft out of a bp05 head, cut the distributor end off and clean the edges, place it for an intake camshaft, set it to a 18 degree advance and it'll show a good increase. now they said that youll need an adjustable cam gear, b ut you can also do it with factory gears as well but it would be off by a few hp. all i have to do is set the gear at a 180 degree and go counter clockwise 3 teeth and ill be set huh, sounds confusing but ill give it a try, any one has any last minute easier, non-confusing helpful advice, im all open ears, but thatnx everyone for the helpful info.
            Diamond Image's 91 Protege LX
            "The Sleeper"

Comment

5 degrees is pushing close to another full tooth.... so having the adjustable cam gear is highly reccomended. i would not attempt this swap without one.

only with the turbo version can you narrowly sneak by losing a few HP without an adjustable cam gear.

Comment

Working...
              X