Clutch Master Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Master Cylinder

Hey Guys, I'm new to the forums, and a proud new member of the Mazda Family. I'm basically a Nissan fanatic, anowner of a 95 240sx, and know every inch of it inside and out. So i got my hands on a 93 protege lx (i think), with the 1.8l dohc, and i like it. Its got 175k on it though....(i got it for free lol)

Anyway on to my problem. Clutch issues, soggy pedal, wont disengage. Theres only pressure in the pedal if u pump really hard and fast. Also, i sometimes hear my throw out bearing whining, but its VERY hard to hear, in fact if my TOB didnt go bad in my 240sx i wouldnt have noticed it. So i replaced the clutch slave cylinder and bled the system, it got better, still had trouble changing/disengaging gears, but it drove. After about an hour of driving, it went completely dead again. So I bought a master cylinder and am attempting to replace that.

I got the whole thing off except for the one bolt that supposedly inside the car. WHERE is that thing....i looked, and i cant find it. Do i have to remove things? If so what....

also, if anyone has any other ideas as to why my clutch is behaving so funny, please LMK.

Originally posted by sydewayz
    Hey Guys, I'm new to the forums, and a proud new member of the Mazda Family. I'm basically a Nissan fanatic, anowner of a 95 240sx, and know every inch of it inside and out. So i got my hands on a 93 protege lx (i think), with the 1.8l dohc, and i like it. Its got 175k on it though....(i got it for free lol)

Anyway on to my problem. Clutch issues, soggy pedal, wont disengage. Theres only pressure in the pedal if u pump really hard and fast. Also, i sometimes hear my throw out bearing whining, but its VERY hard to hear, in fact if my TOB didnt go bad in my 240sx i wouldnt have noticed it. So i replaced the clutch slave cylinder and bled the system, it got better, still had trouble changing/disengaging gears, but it drove. After about an hour of driving, it went completely dead again. So I bought a master cylinder and am attempting to replace that.

I got the whole thing off except for the one bolt that supposedly inside the car. WHERE is that thing....i looked, and i cant find it. Do i have to remove things? If so what....

also, if anyone has any other ideas as to why my clutch is behaving so funny, please LMK.
    Welcome to the club !!
    The bolt you are looking for is one of the bolts that holds the pedal assembly on. It will be by the clutch pedal. Just get up there and remove it.
    c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Find the pushrod on the clutch pedal, its just below it to the left, I use a 6 inch extension and a deepwell socket and didn't remove a thing
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Wow you guys respond so much faster than 240sxforums....lol. I might like this family...

thanks for the welcome and the replies!

Comment

whohoo! new slave in new master in, bled and ready to go! thanks again

Comment

whohoo! new slave in new master in, bled and ready to go! thanks again
            Welcome to Club Protege.

Good to hear that you fixed your clutch issue.

Feel free to post pics of your car.

Comment

Working...
            X