No announcement yet.

screeching noise when accelerating???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just replaced my alt belt and now theres no way to scare the kiddies when they walk past the ole Protege. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pox View Post
      Just replaced my alt belt and now theres no way to scare the kiddies when they walk past the ole Protege. lol
      Have you tried just screaming obscenities at them?!
      **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
      95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

I have a question... does the alternator squeal when its about to die? Or is it only in the belts/pulley?

Comment

hmm tightened alt belt. it was loose. i dont know how it became loose, but it did. both bolts were tight, just the belt was loose. The water pump bearings are bad on the water pump. $38 bux at CARQUEST for a new water pump! yay!

Comment

I have a question... does the alternator squeal when its about to die? Or is it only in the belts/pulley?
            Yes mine did when the bearing quit, but it sounded different that a belt. Quieter and more metalic.

I didn't know what it was untill later when my battery died on the highway and my car wouldn't run anymore.
            1990 Protege 4WD
            GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
            ├┼┤
            2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
            X