DX Engine swap compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DX Engine swap compatibility

Would is be posssibvle to swap in a BP into a automatic protege DX with the B8 engine and mate it to the DX's auto transmission, will the tourqe converter and flex plate mate fromm the B8 to the BP or???, Much thanks I have just been offered a 90 protege DX for very cheap price, the car has a cracked head, so with that i thouhgt i'd get it a good engine but I happen to have SPare BP and was just hoping I could use it.
    Speed Is Nothing Without Control.

Anybody PLEEAASSEE??

Comment

As the saying goes, anything is possible, but why do you want to keep that crappy tranny? I have a DX auto and the FIRST thing I would swap out would be the tranny. Here is a link that you might find useful: http://web2.airmail.net/theman/prote...nsmission.html.

Comment

Its just that I'm trying to spend as little money as possable, I'm just gettin gthis car to make money. I'm getting it for 50 bux, and I have to get it to my place, so fars its not a running car because of a cracked head. all I want to do is quikly fixer up and sell and make some money, I have the BP thats in my GT that I will be taking out to put another in( mild work done of course) so i will have a running bp to use that I didnt have to pay any money to get, I just want to make sure I can mate the Bp to the DX slush box, with little effort.

Comment

H Umm ok thanks for your help, guess I'll just throw another boring B8 in the car.

Comment

Is the BP from an auto or 5spd???
            The auto tranny is the same between a DX and a LX.

93' 5spd DX
            R.I.P

Comment

My BP's are from a manual trani. Humm so what you are saying is that I'd have to getmyself a torque conver and flex plate from a Auto BP? or would the B8's bolt up on the BP?
              Last edited by mazdamp5; 07-29-2006, 05:23 PM.

Comment

"Search" button is a wonderful tool to use. It helps find the info you are looking for that has been discussed on here numerous times.
                c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

BP's and B8's have the same bottom end. I'm sure you can do the math.

Comment

Originally posted by mazdamp5
                    Humm so what you are saying is that I'd have to getmyself a torque conver and flex plate from a Auto BP?
                    No, they're the same between BP and B8.
                    You will need to get at least a throttle body and ECU from an auto BP. There maybe some other things also, hopefully someone will chime in if I'm missing something.

93' 5spd DX
                    R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                    X