Cai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cai

i dont know of a reliable source, i dont want to use ebay, could someone give me a site they got theirs at and are happy with. i have a 93 Pro lx
    Eat the Insane Root.

why not ebay? I got one a long time ago when I was N/A. Worked out fine.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
    Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

1) there are none outside ebay for a reasonable price

2) I suggest you DIY and built one

3) keep the "H" box

if you to a quick search you will see that about 2 years ago i built a how to/need to know.

This is what i can remember from the post

-and the optimum size of piping is 2 3/4" - 2 1/2"
      -the angles for the piping are ~78 and ~55 degrees
      -if you relocate/remove the Coolant Overflow you have a nice well for cold air.
      -Keep the H box
      -Use a 3" dia 3"-5" radius bent pipe to go from the maf to the cone filter.
      The little tube that connect under the throttle body to the H box is the idle bypass, you HAVE to keep it,
      -the H box aids torque.

-post losts of Pictures\
      -have fun while you DIY
      Last edited by Protoss; 07-29-2006, 07:57 AM.
      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
      So his engine he goosed
      With much too much boost,
      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Yeah, why not ebay?

I got mine there and buy stuff from there all of the time with no problems.

Comment

Stay away from the ebay SRI with the 90 degree bend in it. Parts missing as there is no way to hook up the hose from the h-box. But there is this huge lovely hole that has to be blocked off before use.
          c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
            Stay away from the ebay SRI with the 90 degree bend in it. Parts missing as there is no way to hook up the hose from the h-box. But there is this huge lovely hole that has to be blocked off before use.

That and it's just a stupid design.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
              That and it's just a stupid design.
              c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Working...
              X