Please Help Me!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help Me!!!

Ok.... my 95 scort gt idles fine..as soon as i get on the gas it misses like crazy...to the point i cant even drive it. Ive replaced the VAF, plugs, wires, cap , rotor, TPS. Wierd thing is that this all started when i was driving on the highway and was low on gas...barely made it to the gas station. But after that it would barely idle. Then i shook my VAF around and the idle went back to normal? Now the car just wont run right under and kind of load at all??? Next thing i was thinking it could be is the computer?? Oh and the timing is dead on i checked it....now what? Any suggestions are apprettiated....thanks , ed
    91 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
    264whp/266tq w/ stock 14b turbo

have you checked your fuel pump and fuel filter? if you got low on gas you could have a restriction from varnish in your tank.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaT
      have you checked your fuel pump and fuel filter? if you got low on gas you could have a restriction from varnish in your tank.
      Just what I was gonna suggest. Pull the back seat, then the cover to gain access to the tank. Pull the pump and check it out. If the bottom of the tank is full of **** I'm betting Lisa's right.
      Current-'08 MZ3 Hatch auto, '04 MZ3 Hatch 5-spd, '03 Pro-Lx 5 spd,
      '56 VW Cal Ragtop
      www.cardomain.com/ride/2285117/1

Comment

What plugs and wires did you put in, what did you gap the plugs to, and are the wires in the correct firing order?

Also, if when you "shook" the VAF around and your idle improved, it makes me suspicious of the VAF and surrounding wiring.

Comment

Also make sure the air intake tube is not craked , loose , or has a hole in it.
          c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Working...
          X