Tips for changing fuel filter?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for changing fuel filter?!

Yep i gotta change mine and its REALLY in the wrong place damn POS! My BF only took me like 15 minutes if that today since its RIGHT there ontop but damnit this BG! So i figure i'll put the car on jack stands and take off the wheel on that side and just go in from the drivers side. BTW wtf is that plastic piece that came with my filter? Is it some kind of weird locking mechanism?!
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Is it in the same place as a Protege?

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
      Is it in the same place as a Protege?
      I assume so. Its about 3/4 down the firewall so leaning in to see it is fun in itself let alone actually getting to it with tools, etc from above!
      **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2
        I assume so. Its about 3/4 down the firewall so leaning in to see it is fun in itself let alone actually getting to it with tools, etc from above!
        Sounds like its in the same spot, or close to it.

They suck. I get the top hose and the bracket off from the top, and the bottom hose from the bottom. Some people relocate them while they're in the process of changing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
          Sounds like its in the same spot, or close to it.

They suck. I get the top hose and the bracket off from the top, and the bottom hose from the bottom. Some people relocate them while they're in the process of changing them.
          Yeah not a bad idea. But i'm short on creativity lately so getting the car in the air safe and enough space to get in will be enough creativity for me for the time being! So whats that plastic piece?

Comment

Floor jack and the creepah FTW!

I dunno about the plastic piece. Pics?

Comment

Comment

grr i hate those clips..i broke em .....short temper = short on clips...
                My Toys =D

Comment

thers different clips on the EGT then the pro/323

we just unclip and pull
                  "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                  -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                  *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                  172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                  New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

yeah the clip on the fuel tank is similar.. i broke like a bunch of them... but as for the return line.......lets say...me and a wire cutter plus a hose that dont want to move..=/
                    My Toys =D

Comment

So the clips are for breaking when your stressed out? Nice of them to include that with the filter! They must know i have a short temper too! [/sarcasm]

Comment

Why bother with the clips just cut both ends of the metal line off and use F.I. hose clamps on some F.I. hose running to the new FF location.
                        c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by purewhitemp5
                          Why bother with the clips just cut both ends of the metal line off and use F.I. hose clamps on some F.I. hose running to the new FF location.

WTF, that's a good F-ing idea!

Comment

But without the mushroom or wtf ever its called "bump" on the end of the line won't it possibly leak?

Comment

I used a protege filter when I did my swap and cut that ****ty EGT plastic hose and used FI hose and worm clamps to replace it. So far so good and its been over 1 year.

I can get to the filter pretty easily from underneath the car - hehe Im under there a lot Just use floor jacks as mentioned. I dont use a creeper - more hardcore that way

Comment

Working...
                              X