oil squiters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil squiters?

Has anyone had trouble installing the oil squiters when using wiseco pistsons? i had to bend them and change the angles to make them work... i also ended up breaking one of the bolts for the oil squirters... not a good weekend
    In the Garage
    Black 93 MX-3 GS
    Bp powered
    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

From what I've read, Wiseco pistons don't have the cut-outs for the oil squirters.

Comment

uhm yes i already had that part figured out .... just was wondering what some people did concerning that issue
      In the Garage
      Black 93 MX-3 GS
      Bp powered
      GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

Remove and plug them?
        2005 Mazda 3

Comment

That's why I bought the Flyin' Miata Wiseco's... they custom made their's, or changed the design with the oil squirter cut-out.

Sorry to hear about the breaking.

Maybe next time take 'em out and heat 'em up with a torch or something and then try and bend it, after you put it in an vice.

Oh one question about your Wiseco's... are they moly coated skirts?

I personally wouldn't block them off if you are running a turbo.
          Last edited by Shades; 08-27-2006, 11:36 AM.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
          Member of MX-3.com
          1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
          1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

yeah they are moly coated... and i didn't need to heat them up i just slowly bent them and they went in fine.. my friend has a tool to easily pull the stud he said (since it's hollow he said he won't have trouble)
            In the Garage
            Black 93 MX-3 GS
            Bp powered
            GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, if you can see the oil passage down the middle you can get screw extractors which I think he has and just tap it in and spin it out.

I hate broken bolts... I have to drill so many out at work.

Make sure the oil squirters are also still pointing at the bottom of the piston head and not the rod, otherwise it'll defeat the purpose of them.

How did you break the bolt?

Do you still have the old GTR pistons?... if you do, keep them cause they're a very unique design with an oil passage built into the piston.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
              Member of MX-3.com
              1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
              1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

To get broken bolts/studs out at my work, we tack a nut onto the part of the bolt/stud that is broken off in whatever, and simply unscrew the nut.

It works pretty well when you can use that method, and you get pretty good at making your own bolts.

Comment

Working...
                X