Tuning 96 Sephia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning 96 Sephia

i have a 1.8 bp in my sephia and i threw a rod. I am puting in another bp, but when i start to mod it, how would i go about tuning it since it is obd II and doesnt have a VAF.

Originally posted by 96KiaGuy
    i have a 1.8 bp in my sephia and i threw a rod. I am puting in another bp, but when i start to mod it, how would i go about tuning it since it is obd II and doesnt have a VAF.
    You don't need a VAF to "tune". What exactly do you want to "tune" for?
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

my air fuel was way off on the last motor. when i dynoed it the air fuel started out at 17 at 3500 rpm and stedely got richer by 7000 rpm it was about 10

Comment

my air fuel was way off on the last motor. when i dynoed it the air fuel started out at 17 at 3500 rpm and stedely got richer by 7000 rpm it was about 10
        that is really rich for n/a, any mods? pic of car?
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Sounds like a o2 sensor out of wack possibly. You shouldn't need to tune a stock running car or even midly modded!
          **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**

Comment

well, as of now i have a short ram intake and 2.25 inch exhaust going to an aftermarket muffler. but when i get the new motor in what are some good starting mods to do. i am going to buy a pacesetter header, and i've read some about doing the exhaust intake camshaft swap, how much bigger is the exhaust camshaft and what kind of power can i expect from doing the full exhaust and camshaft swap. and how much are 02 sensors

Comment

well, as of now i have a short ram intake and 2.25 inch exhaust going to an aftermarket muffler. but when i get the new motor in what are some good starting mods to do. i am going to buy a pacesetter header, and i've read some about doing the exhaust intake camshaft swap, how much bigger is the exhaust camshaft and what kind of power can i expect from doing the full exhaust and camshaft swap. and how much are 02 sensors
              Yeah a intake and exhaust should NOT make you run super rich. If anything you should be running lean. BTW when you got your exhaust done was the 2nd o2 removed or messed with? Seeing that you have OBDII that may be the problem but then again you should be getting a check engine light as well if thats the case. To make power with the exhaust cam mod you need adjustable cam sprockets so thats more $$$ and its roughly 4-6 hp when tuned properly. And seeing your N/A a full exhaust will probably be overkill. Well if you get a factory o2 sensor it'll be ALOT but if you can do some basic wiring can you get a universal for like $20-30!

Comment

the o2 sensors have never been removed, so im assuming one of them is just bad. i have about 1800 dollars to put in to this new motor. i want to go turbo but i dont think that is enough. could someonme help me with a price list and some info about what to do with the ecu and tuning if i did turbo it.

Comment

Miles on car? o2s tend to last around 80-120k miles roughly. And i would DEFINTLY get new ones in your case as i would even if my car was stock because of the mileage/performance differences alone. BTW do you get crappy mileage too?

Comment

yes it did get bad gas milage. and it had 103k miles

Comment

17 to 10 what a range. Running at 10 won't kill you motor, well it can wash down the cylinder walls, but throwing a rod would most likely caused by running too lean.
                      Last edited by Silentbob343; 08-31-2006, 08:23 PM.
                      2005 Mazda 3

Comment

yes it did get bad gas milage. and it had 103k miles
                        Ahhh so theres your prob. Atleast one of your o2 sensors is more then likely shot. I'd just spring for both and be sure! Good luck!

Comment

upstream 02 will cause bad milage downstream only checks emissions and for proper cat function. replace your upstream 02. and tazman why is a full exhaust overkill on a n/a motor? being that a header can be a huge help over the restrictive factory mani

Comment

btw i am becomeing the queen of digging up dead threads!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaT
                              upstream 02 will cause bad milage downstream only checks emissions and for proper cat function. replace your upstream 02. and tazman why is a full exhaust overkill on a n/a motor? being that a header can be a huge help over the restrictive factory mani
                              Because a catback is really all we need to get max power gains while stock or very close to stock n/a. With a full exhaust we'd like most other n/a cars lose power down below!

Comment

Working...
                              X