problem after swap BP engine in mx-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem after swap BP engine in mx-3

ok hi guys ! last week i swapped a BP engine in my mx-3 1996.. everything was alright since i turned the key.. no fire anywhere... no injection so i checked all wiring in my car with the multimeter connectivity test and all wires were ok... so i tryed other ignitons module, other coil but i didnt checked with another distributor...but im pretty sure it's ok.. so i asked a mecanic to pass my ECU on the diagnostic machine and it found no error code... so with all these factors, no injection, no codes, no fire i deducted that my ECU was fryed... i'd like to know ur impression about my problem.. thx !! and any tips to make other test would be apprecitated

what year BP did you put in there?

j/w i've been looking for a '96 myself..sry for the thread jack

what problems are you having with it?? are you getting a cel?
    Originally posted by 90prtege
    have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
    Originally posted by Turpro
    Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
    CRZbrussian: that sux
    CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
    CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

oh sorry my engine is coming form a 1991 protege DOHC with ECU BP10 ... gettin a cel ?? what u mean im french so i dont understand everythng hehe

Comment

Originally posted by precidius
        oh sorry my engine is coming form a 1991 protege DOHC with ECU BP10 ... gettin a cel ?? what u mean im french so i dont understand everythng hehe
        are you getting a Check Engine Light on the guage cluster

make sure the computer is bolted back down it needs to be grounded to work
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

i'm pretty sure it's grounded..anyway ill try to buff the paint under brackets but i think it's well bolted down...

Comment

Can you describe you swap in more detail? Did you change any wiring?
            Did you change timing belt ect? Do you have any pics to post?

Comment

man i could know the answer, but i'm not too secure w/ my knowledge yet, check out www.protegefaq.net for some info...there's alot of it.
              also you could send a message to intruder or theman or shades, those guys know a lot of stuff!! hope i helped some
              Last edited by tehstocker99; 08-31-2006, 10:52 PM.
              Originally posted by 90prtege
              have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
              Originally posted by Turpro
              Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
              CRZbrussian: that sux
              CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
              CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

96 ODB2 and 91 is ODB1
                2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Originally posted by precidius
                  ok hi guys ! last week i swapped a BP engine in my mx-3 1996.. everything was alright since i turned the key.. no fire anywhere... no injection so i checked all wiring in my car with the multimeter connectivity test and all wires were ok... so i tryed other ignitons module, other coil but i didnt checked with another distributor...but im pretty sure it's ok.. so i asked a mecanic to pass my ECU on the diagnostic machine and it found no error code... so with all these factors, no injection, no codes, no fire i deducted that my ECU was fryed... i'd like to know ur impression about my problem.. thx !! and any tips to make other test would be apprecitated

Welcome to Club Protege.

Sorry to hear that your swap isn't going according to plan.

Is the engine even turning over?

Comment

My 1996 MX-3 is ODBI... well it's a mix between I and II... cause I have a 4-wire O2 sensor... but I looked at the ECU and it's ODBI.

But if you swapped the ECU and wiring harness with BP engine that shouldn't matter. You have an electrical problem if there is no spark... trace all the wires from the distributor to make sure they are all connected. (When you say "no fire" I assumed you meant no spark).

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
                    Member of MX-3.com
                    1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
                    1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

yeah that's what i meant hehe no spark... ok let's see.. i started with a mx-3 1996 with a B6 OBDII inside.. i swapped a OBDI BP engine from a protege 1991 inside with the G25M-R tranny and changed ECU and the wiring according with it... my Ecu is the BP10 one... that'S all hehe and yeah the engine is turning very well on starting since i rebuited all the engine from A to Z myself i'm pretty proud of me hehe a lot of compression but no sparks and injection...

Comment

check out the distributor , or swap it out with another one.
                        c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

yeah that's what me and my friend are suspecting.. and even more suspecting from that distri that the bearing is false and grouning sound getting out of it when i make it turn by myself... and i also knew that my ECU cut the injection when it detect no spark or a false component in the system. so i'll try this and give u some news !

Comment

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
                              Good luck, and keep us posted.
                              c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

Working...
                              X