interest for custom magnaflow......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interest for custom magnaflow......

i am in contact with Magnaflow and I am trying to judge interest in the below.

who lives close to the Magnaflow facility in Ca. that would be willing to leave their car with magnaflow for at least a week that is stock or nearly stock. (makes it easier to do mock up)

second
    how many of you would like to own a magnaflow exhaust cat back system and would buy it if they go through with it. (size tbd 2.25 or 3.0)

need a serious head count here no i woulds or if only etc.

no plans are final yet no orders are being taken this is only testing the waters.
    This is our quest; as the tail lights fade into the distance let it not be the jeers of others that say we can not do what others have, but to let the whistle of the bov the whine of our turbo and the roar of our exhaust announce to those who may say it can not be done that we will not go quietly into the night we will not bow to mainstream but rather blow by them doing mach speed laughing our asses off and giving them the one sure sign( ) so that they will understand their place in life when it comes to doubting a driven individual who owns a Mazda BG with a boosted BP

as long as I have time till its $$ time (just moved and started new job) im in, what are the exhuast going to be made of? what muffler will be on it? cost?
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

is size tbd meaning we'd have to decide between 3inch OR 2.25 (meaning they'd only make one size)? so basically we either get an oversized N/A application or an oversized turbo application? (i say oversized because 2inch is optimal on N/A until you get past timing/intake/header and 2.5inch is pretty good for turbo until you get past a stock gtx turbo/engine)

whatever it actually is, i think the interest would there..until a price was determined. thats when you'll really find out interest.
      Seth
      2010 Mazda3 i Touring

Comment

if only i have money T_T
        My Toys =D

Comment

Originally posted by ScOrTGtC
          if only i have money T_T
          I knew somebody would say that. Haha.

I say go with 2.5in piping. I'd be interested if it was a complete header back setup. What muffler would they use? My personal preference would be a twin tip so it would look kinda like the stock muffler. Keep us posted on what their plans would be.
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

ahh man, i'd be game for a turbo back 3inch exhaust (which is not oversized BTW!) But i have an mx-3 so im guessing the exhaust is almost the same but longer on the pro. Keep us posted. Peace

Need Vehicle Graphics, Decals, Headlight/Tail light tint? Visit http://www.graphxsigns.net or PM me!

Comment

Ask them about 2.5" SS GTX exhausts.

Comment

I like Magnaflow. I'd be down.

We definitely need more details though.

Comment

interesting but will be more expensive than doing a custom setup...
                  mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

Yeah, any idea on the cost yet?

Comment

I tried to get Magnaflow to mass produce cat backs in 2-1/2" 3 or 4 years ago for the Civics and Integras and they didn't feel there was enough demand. THey also had a 2-1/4" system out and they didn't think 2-1/2" was needed. So, I'd be very very surprised if this went anywhere.

Comment

benchracer01, not to dampen what you're trying to do, but here is an *already available* option for our cars that it seems nobody knows about and/or thinks will work (ZX2 is newer version of our chassis):

TruBendz Technology offers services working with mandrel bend tube and pipe products, including catback exhaust, downpipes, converters, mufflers, bends, tailpipes and more.

I ordered the 2.5" tubing kit back in the spring - haven't installed it yet, but it nearly exactly matched the Pacesetter catback I pulled off my car. I'm expecting some *minor* customizing - but it might as well be an exact match.

Stainless or aluminized, variety of sizes, good/excellent prices, and excellent customer service. They were great to deal with.
                        Original owner: 1991 Protege LX (now w/SOHC) and a few more BG's ....

Comment

Originally posted by naprotejay
                          http://trubendz.com/home.asp?product...agetype=main12

I ordered the 2.5" tubing kit back in the spring - haven't installed it yet, but it nearly exactly matched the Pacesetter catback I pulled off my car. I'm expecting some *minor* customizing - but it might as well be an exact match.

Stainless or aluminized, variety of sizes, good/excellent prices, and excellent customer service. They were great to deal with.
                          Good thinking, thanks.

Comment

While i appreciate efforts to find other sources of exhaust pieces for our chassis I was looking to Magnaflow for a dedicated BG chassis exhaust system that will bolt right in. with a cat back system the mx3 and 323 would only need to shorten at the cat end. I will contact them and suggest 2.5" with their round muffler and a dual outlet tip.

oh btw ScOrTGtC you so funny i was waiting for someone to say it. you win the prize and honor of doing it first lol
                            This is our quest; as the tail lights fade into the distance let it not be the jeers of others that say we can not do what others have, but to let the whistle of the bov the whine of our turbo and the roar of our exhaust announce to those who may say it can not be done that we will not go quietly into the night we will not bow to mainstream but rather blow by them doing mach speed laughing our asses off and giving them the one sure sign( ) so that they will understand their place in life when it comes to doubting a driven individual who owns a Mazda BG with a boosted BP

Comment

2.5inch? so you're just shooting for mild turbo guys?
                              Seth
                              2010 Mazda3 i Touring

Comment

Working...
                              X