looking for a guess-timate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for a guess-timate

ive gotten used to the increase in power going from my 92 dx pro to my recent acquisition of a 92 lx. . . and im ready to spend a little. ive done some searching and i just want opinions on what you guys would do in my situation and how much effect it will make. keep in mind, just engine.

the idea is that by this time next year im going to have the money to do a bp-t, so i dont want to do the exhintake deal, shave the head, or anything like that. im talking simple bolt ons and what they can give up in realistic hp.

this is what ive thought of so far:

2.5in accord ebay intake pipe
    k&n drop in filter
    genie header
    corksport exhaust
    test pipe
    timing advance
    possibly a S-afc and tuning it on a dyno

c'mon, add or subtract to the list, tell me im retarded, say whatever. . . i just want as many opinions as possibe.
    sigpic

Hows your suspension? Id say get everything ready to hold all that power your gonna have.. next year.

Comment

Originally posted by southerncross
      ive gotten used to the increase in power going from my 92 dx pro to my recent acquisition of a 92 lx. . . and im ready to spend a little. ive done some searching and i just want opinions on what you guys would do in my situation and how much effect it will make. keep in mind, just engine.

the idea is that by this time next year im going to have the money to do a bp-t, so i dont want to do the exhintake deal, shave the head, or anything like that. im talking simple bolt ons and what they can give up in realistic hp.

this is what ive thought of so far:

2.5in accord ebay intake pipe
      k&n drop in filter
      genie header
      corksport exhaust
      test pipe
      timing advance
      possibly a S-afc and tuning it on a dyno

c'mon, add or subtract to the list, tell me im retarded, say whatever. . . i just want as many opinions as possibe.
      10-20 HP.

If you're going to get the accord intake pipe, why not just use a cone filter?

You can try an RX-7 VAF and Ryan's cut manifold mod as well.

Comment

i dont want to use a cone filter because from ive heard theres no real gain in it besides more noise being that the factory air box is sufficient.

im not worried about the suspension. . . i already know what im going to do with that, thats why i said "engine only"

what exactly is the cut manifold? ive heard of it and asked but nobody has explained it. is the rx7 vaf worth it if im going to do a bpt swap later? will it work on that motor as well or does a gtx clip come with something comparable or better?

please keep on with the opinions
        sigpic

Comment

To save you the money for that BP-t engine. I'd go for removing parts instead installing part
          '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
          '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

Comment

Originally posted by southerncross
            i dont want to use a cone filter because from ive heard theres no real gain in it besides more noise being that the factory air box is sufficient.

im not worried about the suspension. . . i already know what im going to do with that, thats why i said "engine only"

what exactly is the cut manifold? ive heard of it and asked but nobody has explained it. is the rx7 vaf worth it if im going to do a bpt swap later? will it work on that motor as well or does a gtx clip come with something comparable or better?

please keep on with the opinions
            I'm sure the factory air box is fine, I just like removing things that are unnecessary and that take up space.

I can't tell you much about the cut manifold, but I think Ryan removes the butterflies and does a little cutting and cleaning inside the manifold runners. Talk to him about it, he can give you a better idea.

The RX-7 VAF will work with a BP-T.

Comment

well if your going bpt next year theres no reason to get headers
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
              X