Thicker head gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thicker head gasket?

In light of the parts car that i am getting, i am going to have a twin cam bp. i eventually want to go bpt, so i am wanting to build the motor accordingly before i drop it in. does anyone know where i can get a thicker head gasket and low- comp pistons, and perhaps some stronger rods. i know i can go the route of gtr rods, prob. gtr pistons too, but i am thinking more along the lines of like weisco and crower, but was unable to locate the head gasket. any links or suggestions for me?
    A little over a decade & 13 or so cars since I have started driving & working on my own vehicles, and I find myself not too much better informed than when I started......

Buy Import Performance Parts - discount prices! Get Import performance engine kits, pistons, rods, flywheels, crankshafts, camshafts, gaskets & more. We ship worldwide.

Comment

get lower CR pistons
      research chamber squish and quench and you'll see than you don't want to use thicker headgaskets, they'll detonate more...

Cometic makes a good headgasket. www.raceeng.com and www.flyinmiata.com sell them. IPP also might?

Comment

thanks to the both of you. the info as to why a thicker gasket is not a good thing is handy, and ipp has most everythign that i am looking for that either corksport or protege garage does not......more to come
        A little over a decade & 13 or so cars since I have started driving & working on my own vehicles, and I find myself not too much better informed than when I started......

Comment

You're welcome.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
          X