wide band questions and advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wide band questions and advice

I think the next project for me is a wideband. I would like to do this before I boost. I'm going to be useing my gtx ecu. Here's what I need to know.

1)Can anybody recomend a cheap/decent setup

2) What all do you need(components)besides the o2 sensor?

3) I have a dual gauge pod on the a pillar. Can you get a gauge that fits in there or is it a flat panel gauge?

4) Any links to affordable setups?

5) Do you have to tap into the wiring harness and where do you tap it into if you have to?

I might have more questions but can't think of any right now. Thanks to all that help a noob out.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Oh yea. I'm going to be running this on the stock ecu until I boost so I need it to work for both.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Autometer has Wideband kits... check 'em out. I don't really know what comes in the kit, but I was just browsing their catalog the other day.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
      Member of MX-3.com
      1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
      1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

AEM makes a nice setup. Its around 250. The gauge will fit into a gauge pod and is self contained. It does data logging as well. http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/a...ler/universal/

Or Inovative makes one. Both do the same things and are very accurate. The nice thing about the inovative one is you can pull it out and use it in any car to tune. The AEM one you could do the same but its setup for a gauge pod as the inovative is not, but they do also sell ones to fit in a pod if thats what you want.
        hello 4g63 nice to meet you

Comment

you should check out my wbo2 thread http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27148
          Last edited by gtx510; 10-17-2006, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X