Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bp01 engine why does everybody swap them out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bp01 engine why does everybody swap them out?

I want to find someone who turbos the bp01 engine and i cant ifnd **** so.....

Well after you bust your ass getting a turbo to fit that motor you'll either break the tranny, clutch, tranny again, axles, tranny again, etc.!
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

The twin cams are ideal for turbo, they can take a beating. Without turbo, the engine has more hp and torque than a single cam. The twin cam has lash adjuster for the cams vs sohc if your cam followers go bad it gets expensive to replace all 16. Plus Dohc has alot more options to modify.

Comment

I saw somewhere that someone has a turbo kit for the SOHC.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
        Member of MX-3.com
        1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
        1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

please dont start this again.
          DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

ive driven both and the bp is the way to go
            91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

I had a friend that had a boosted sohc he bought my wreked lx just for the engine and trannie. He was running a t3 with a standalone. He's whooped my ass plenty of times. Look up the member sohc 1.8t. He doesn't come on the site anymore but he has pics of his setup. You just have too look. From what I remember he was running a t3.custom manni,38mm waste gate,12.1 fmu and I can't remember what standalone. Imo do the swap. You'll be very happy with the dohc and g tranni.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

The Dohc is a better platform for boost. Just leave it at that!
                1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Here's a link to Sohc1.8t motor picts
                  1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                  http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

oh thanks guys i just wanted some inspiration for my sohc there is hope out there!

Comment

Isn't the SOHC designated the B8?
                      Not BP01?
                      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by Shades
                        I saw somewhere that someone has a turbo kit for the SOHC.
                        where did you see this?

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                          Not BP01?
                          Nope its a bp01!

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                            Not BP01?
                            Actually, Mazda calls the SOHC engine as the BP SOHC. We all call it the B8 because it's 8 valves instead of 16, and it's easier to distinguish B8 vs. BP SOHC.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

"bp-01" is the single cam head .

Its cast right on the side of it.

It has 16 valves
                              DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

Working...
                              X