bigger throttle body on the B6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bigger throttle body on the B6

just a quick question, I have the 1.6L B6 SOHC engine in my 323 but I also have the B8 1.6L throttle body aswell as the 1.8L DOHC BP throttle body just sitting around, now I know they already bolt up just fine to the B6 intake manifold but when I do this there is a lip where it needs to be grinded down with a dremal or such, I am asking if I dont grind this lip down will I notice any improvement with the bigger throttle bodies??
    Fully kitted, Sparco seats, 17 inch AR rims, JDM parts to the MAX, Dropped 2 inchs, 10.1 inch MX3 GS big brake, Custom Copper paint, CF Hood, RESIDENT MAZDA PARTS GUY! I Work For Agincourt Mazda

you have to match the intake manifold plenum to the throttle body you are gonna use or else its pointless
    DX BP swap/turbo build

Comment

there is no real point to upgrading the t/b. it has the same bolt pattern as a bp t/b but the plenum is necked down so small you cant open the t/b all the way. i looked at in depth when i did my bp swap in the 323. mazda really limited us on that one! the most you could so is dremal out the step down on the insde of the t/b. to allow better flow.

NEUMAN

Comment

changing your t/b for the bp require the bp vaf. If not your a/f could be bad...
        older Mazda Protegé '93

http://doommm.monchar.com
        now - protegé gt 91 vj23

Comment

it will not require a VAM change. the t/b has a tps that only tells the ecu at how much throttle is open. it gives no air volume reading. the VAM does that and if you swap to a bp one it will not run correctly due to the injector size difference.

NEUMAN

Comment

Working...
          X