spark plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spark plugs

i have yet to see a proper thread about spark plugs... and i'm wondering what kind you guys are using... manual says to use BKR5E11 or BKR6E11... or something of that kind... but for '93 models... me haynes say to use BKR5ES11 or BKR6ES11... where does the S come from and why?

out of the 2 which are you guys using? there must be a better one.

i'm using NGK BKR6E11... and i gapped them to about.044

these are the old ones i had
    Attached Files

Holy crap those plugs look like butt. Did you ever change them?! Umm i just get whatever the counter monkey's computer says for a NGK plug for a 93/94 Protege LX.
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

If I recall correctly the S stands for V-power. I'd check NGK web site.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
      98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2 View Post
        Holy crap those plugs look like butt. Did you ever change them?! Umm i just get whatever the counter monkey's computer says for a NGK plug for a 93/94 Protege LX.
        offcourse... i change these things every 3 months or so

found it
        Last edited by jamaican; 11-04-2006, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I run the NGK BKR6E-11 V-Powers.

Comment

Don't remember the model numbers but I got the Mazda/NGK plugs and plug wires.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
              I run the NGK BKR6E-11 V-Powers.
              yea i got those too

i also have brand new NGK plug wires ( i have a spare set too ) and after driving for a couple months... where the blue wire meets the boot part for the distributor it turning brown??? is that just because of heavy driving?

Comment

Originally posted by jamaican View Post
                yea i got those too

i also have brand new NGK plug wires ( i have a spare set too ) and after driving for a couple months... where the blue wire meets the boot part for the distributor it turning brown??? is that just because of heavy driving?
                Turning brown? Like burnt crispy brown or oil covered brown or what?

Comment

not oil brown cuz the o ring is new = disty aint leaking any more

more like burnt... just the first 1/4 inch or so, a really light brown

Comment

change your plugs every 3 months? i change mine once every year.....if the car is lucky....

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                    Mods:
                    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

not oil brown cuz the o ring is new = disty aint leaking any more

more like burnt... just the first 1/4 inch or so, a really light brown
                      They must be getting hot. I'd try some better wires.

Comment

hey... is the boot on the change rod... that covers wher it goes into the tranny important? cuz mine is broken at the clamp... it's still there hanging on... but one of the clamp end broke/dry-rotted

Comment

hey... is the boot on the change rod... that covers wher it goes into the tranny important? cuz mine is broken at the clamp... it's still there hanging on... but one of the clamp end broke/dry-rotted
                          Haha, I just saw this question in another thread.

Yup, that boot is important.

Comment

Also, out of topic while I'm here...has anyone had their wire that goes connected to the ignitio coil start to get melted? The first time I had to change my wries, was because this wire got so chewed off at the ignition coil side, that it wouldn't send the right spark. And you knwo what it was touching? the side of the battery. not even a post or any metal, but the plastic side!

Comment

Working...
                            X