4WD transmision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4WD transmision

is there any way too tell apart a 4wd trany without taking it apart. i have trans that came from a imported clip the engine it that clip was gtr engine. just want to know waht kind of transmision i got . i know it has a shaft on back of the trans whare would be the 4wd motor go. from looking at it it looks same as us 4wd.
    http://hometown.aol.com/d2maz/index.html
    )
    91 PROTEGE 4WD BPT RUNNING WOW TRACTION WITH 1.5 BAR(sold)
    97 ECLIPSE GST SPYDER (K&N ,BCS MOD, GREDDY FMIC) new toy(sold)
    99 PASSAT GLX V6 (OEM E spec navi, wife's car)
    2006 JETTA TDI DSG 50 mpg(sold)
    2006 EVO GSR
    FIXING VW's for past 10 years

The us 4wd trans has a longer shaft on the center diff lock for the actuator motor. The gtx and gtr are simular in design, the gtr will have a grayer looking gear from being cryod at the factory vs the gtx.. Check the pics in my sig of the GTR-AE trans that was blown up...

Comment

so to have 4wd lock working i would need j spec 4wd motor?
      http://hometown.aol.com/d2maz/index.html
      )
      91 PROTEGE 4WD BPT RUNNING WOW TRACTION WITH 1.5 BAR(sold)
      97 ECLIPSE GST SPYDER (K&N ,BCS MOD, GREDDY FMIC) new toy(sold)
      99 PASSAT GLX V6 (OEM E spec navi, wife's car)
      2006 JETTA TDI DSG 50 mpg(sold)
      2006 EVO GSR
      FIXING VW's for past 10 years

Comment

Not necessarily... The cases are the same, You could always take the trans apart and put the US spec diff lock rod in the GTX trans.. I built up the GTR for my 4wd and am loosing the diff lock, Now with that said.... I have my US spec trans that will be getting a GTX lsd for the front with diff lock If I so choose.. I prefer the GTX and GTR stuff since the 1st and 2nd synchros are dual rings...

Comment

90 4wd

Have a 90 4WD sitting here at my house in VA. looks just like yours.After spending several thousand $ on it --it now won't shift into high gear. No more time -- anybody want to buy it? Charlie If REALLY interested call434-591-1103

Comment

Originally posted by gravelyprotege View Post
            Have a 90 4WD sitting here at my house in VA. looks just like yours.After spending several thousand $ on it --it now won't shift into high gear. No more time -- anybody want to buy it? Charlie If REALLY interested call434-591-1103
            Manual or auto? color? I've always wanted a second one. It doesn't have to drive well, just good enough.
            No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

How much Cancer does it have.. My car came from back east and is rotting away.. Most of the frame parts that I need to replace are nolonger made or sold.. I am always looking for a good clean shell...

Comment

well the number's good, but no one's home....
                No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

so to have 4wd lock working i would need j spec 4wd motor?
                  I believe the lock motor and shaft are the same for all sohc models. However the BPT tranny has no lock motor and probably a different shaft.

With that one just get under the car and pull it out yourself.
                  1990 Protege 4WD
                  GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                  ├┼┤
                  2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

auto won't shift into 4th

I called this guy, talked to him for a while about his car. HE replaced the ECU, and had a shop do something with the tranny, only to have it break again on him. It's an auto, and won't shift into 4th. He doesn't want to dink around with it anymore, just wants to sell it.

This guy replaced everything you can to maintain it like new. He cleaned it when there was salt, fixed it when it bumped, etc. New struts, bushings, tires, 94 EGT rims, new coil to plugs, you name it. He estimated 6-8000 invested in repairs/maintenance. All of this was done in the past year, and the tires a couple of months. Oh yea, and the Mazda manual with the 4wd addendum. "fair price" is all he's asking.

So any ideas as to why it wouldn't shift? I've never messed with autos.

Comment

Working...
                    X