No announcement yet.

better looking engine then this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the coffee cup or wtf it is is gone but thats it? I still see manifold cover, a/c, p/s, etc!
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

In addition to weather causing breathing, the fuel in your tank expands a LOT when the temperature changes because it so readily vaporizes. That sharply adds to the amount of vapor emissions being expelled. This is why nearly 25% of our vehicles' nasty emissions are evaporative which directly contributes to acid rain (benzyne + cloud = dead stuff). The charcoal canister collects the vapors while the car is parked and the engine is off, until the next time you start the car, where the engine vacuum draws the captured vapors into the engine to be burned.

What is more concerning to the vehicle now is that ethanol is a polar solvent, it absorbs water. Without a charcoal canister, your fuel system has to either be sealed or it will be drawing in water vapor as it breathes. If your car sits still at all or your local pumps use high amounts of ethanol, consider leaving the charcoal canister in or you will have issues. Some older pre-emissions muscle cars are also having this issue since they tend to sit in garages for more than a few days at a time I have the complete computer controlled evaporative emissions system on my old Trans Am due to this.

Evaporative emissions are VERY important to the environment AND will extend the life of your engine. It does not consume any noticable amounts of power to have it there (negligible engine vacuum). Consider relocating it before removal. Something I've always thought was cool, on the newer GM cars the EVAP system (they call it EVAP) is built onto the outside of the fuel tank. Less vapor lines to leak, more effective, and totally invisible. I've been thinking or relocating the fuel filter to a rational place and moving the charcoal canister as close to the fuel tank as possible. That would help clean up the firewall and keep everything properly working and also make everything more accessible for routine maintenance

And I'll be removing the power steering also, very easy to do. Just find the reservoir for the power steering fluid, drain it, remove it, and just start removing anything connected to it. Have towels and catch-cans ready since it can be a mess

Comment

Originally posted by Tazman2 View Post
        So the coffee cup or wtf it is is gone but thats it? I still see manifold cover, a/c, p/s, etc!
        im waiting for a nice day here its been like 16 degrees and my garage has 2 cars in there i cant work in there but im going to do it as soon as i can
        Check out my vBPicGallery homies!

Comment

Working...
        X