Got my turbo together.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my turbo together.

Sure did. I was bored this afternoon and decided to assemble the turbo and stuff.

Here's a list of what I did:
    1. Sanded the flange between the exhaust housing and center section.
    2. Removed the wastegate housing(is that what it's called?).
    3. Bolted the exhaust housing on the center section.
    4. Drilled out the bolt holes on the oil feed fitting.
    5. Bolted feed fitting to turbo.
    6. Flipped around the wastegate diaphram on it's bracket.
    7. Bolted compressor side of turbo to center section(including the diaphram/bracket).
    8. Adjusted wastegate rod.
    9. Bolted wastegate housing to exhaust housing/connected wastegate diaphram.
    10. Bolted turbo onto manifold.
    11. Removed dump pipe studs and reinstalled them in the proper configuration.
    12. Installed dump pipe.

Now then I'm hopeing to turbo the car Saturday after work, the only things that would prevent me from doing that are the weather and my motivation.

I also have to see if the wastegate diaphram fits where I have it. If not, I might be screwed. It should fit...

Here's 6 pics of it...1 has the full downpipe on, I'm going to cut it short and then drive the car to a performance exhaust shop to have the downpipe made and Midas's retardedness fixed. The black intercooler hose is off of a DSM and should work great. I can't wait to start this project!

It's a work of art!!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

nice. make your motivation high.

i have those slippers too

good luck. take pics and post like this. it could help a lot of people out.

Comment

that wastegate may pose a problem , the dump may too, test fit it & find out.
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Looks really good ryan. If I was this close to dropping it in my car and I had another car to drive if there was any bugs to work out I'd be going to the store,grabbing a space heater for the garage and slapping that bish in this weekend. Good luck. Post up pics/vids when you tuned.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
          that wastegate may pose a problem , the dump may too, test fit it & find out.
          I can see that the charge pipe might be in the way aswell, hitting the motor mount along with what ryan stated above. I know its just assembled to show and all, looks good BTW. I did the same thing when I was about to put mine on, its a cool feeling. Good luck, take pictures.
          BP-05 Turbo-Sold
          2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Yeah, it's together in the ideal configuration. I'm not sure if the wastegate will fit, if the compressor side is facing right, if the dump pipe will work, or if the intake will fit around the radiator fan, but I hope all goes well.

Luckily I have a heated garage and a 2nd car(and 3rd if it comes to that, haha).

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

clock the turbo if you have to and you might have to extended the wategate rod, and mount the acutator off the turbo. i hade to do this with my .42/.48 t3 set up on a log manny.
              thanks ryan
              5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Working...
              X