1990 Mazda Inifini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 Mazda Inifini

Hey im new on here i have just bought a mazda infini nt knwing these r pretty rare and special cars as i have found out now

i am just wondering wat the engine and gearbox and diff is like on this car

like how much power it has the differences between that and say a standard sedan

also i heard they have an LSD is this true ?

Cheers

i'll trade you my snazzy CDM corners for yours, deal?

Comment

wats that m8 ?

Comment

Originally posted by LRCboi View Post
        Hey im new on here i have just bought a mazda infini nt knwing these r pretty rare and special cars as i have found out now

i am just wondering wat the engine and gearbox and diff is like on this car

like how much power it has the differences between that and say a standard sedan

also i heard they have an LSD is this true ?

Cheers
        If I remember correctly, the Infini came with a 1.8 Liter DOHC and g-series gearbox. It is the same as a normal DOHC model sedan but with a LSD and a special front grill and corner lamps that were specific to that model.
        1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
        MODS:
        GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
        TO DO LIST:
        EDM/JDM rear bumper
        EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
        Repaint car

Comment

and specific wheels as well.
          sigpic

Comment

and it is suppose to have a different interior. post up pics of your ride!
            Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

dont listen too any of these guys. the U.S. 1.8l dohc and gearbox is better than the one over there. I'll be more than happy to trade you because...ummmmmm......

I'm playing with you. i'd like to have the lsd in your gearbox. welcome aboard. post some pics of your ride. theres accually one other guy from nz with your same car.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

wats that m8 ?
                don't listen to me haha

Comment

ok kewl yea im really suprised how good it goes ae lol how much power do these have ??

one question what sort of oil works best in them cos the previous owner said she also used a special additive to lube up the tappets aswell

also i hav never driven a car with an lsd b4 and im just wondering a couple of things because sumtyms when u start on grass it will spin a wheel n it but nt on the road and also it does it in puddles and turning slowish aswell
                  ???
                  can somebody fill me in

Comment

hey ill get sum pics up soon ok

Comment

I think it uses a torsen lsd, which on dry surfaces and traction, or going around corners it works great, but on ice or when one tire is in the air, basically where 1 tire has zero traction, it'll just spin one wheel. I think that's how torsen lsds work. But I'm not sure if that's what is in the Infini. anyone confirm this?
                      No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

ha ha yet another NZ infini ( they must have all ended up over here i think )

LSD is viscous type 26 spline, there are a few myths about these gearboxes being 28 spline and shafts being 35mm thick (b/s)

best factory BG gearbox bar none even stronger than a 4WD GTX or GTR one it would seem

all infinis have:

1800cc twin-cam 16-valve BP-ZE engine
                        G-series FWD viscous LSD gearbox + unique 26 spline shafts (not common 28 spine myth)
                        electric windows/mirrors
                        quick ratio power steering
                        front & rear sway bars
                        suede or leather (never seen leather) interior & leather gear knob & boot, better seats
                        front and rear strut braces
                        momo steering wheel
                        bonnet similar to hatch at front but not same item (same as NZ new 323 sedan facelift)
                        unique grille (some say ugly i say exclusive lol)
                        clear front indicators
                        bbs 15 inch wheels
                        infini log on front grille, alloy centre caps, horn button and left rear boot
                        rear spoiler
                        4-wheel disc brakes (250mm)
                        paint code GU = shade green
                        Last edited by Shin_Gouki; 03-24-2007, 05:08 AM.
                        Ae111 toyota sprinter trueno BZR

Comment

ok kewl yea im really suprised how good it goes ae lol how much power do these have ??

one question what sort of oil works best in them cos the previous owner said she also used a special additive to lube up the tappets aswell

also i hav never driven a car with an lsd b4 and im just wondering a couple of things because sumtyms when u start on grass it will spin a wheel n it but nt on the road and also it does it in puddles and turning slowish aswell
                          ???
                          can somebody fill me in
                          i use castrol protec there are no tappets only hydraulic lifters ( also no rockers or rockets as some asses seem to call them ), just do reg oil & filter changes.

quick tip that may ruin your day, if you have access to a trolley jack then raise the front of the car, turn a front wheel by hand (motor off in neutral) make sure the other wheel turns the same way, if it does not i guarantee some NZ ass has swapped the gearbox for say an astina GT non lsd box & shafts, there's a gearbox on trademe right now going for over $900 nz they are gold to those in the know.
                          Ae111 toyota sprinter trueno BZR

Comment

thats one of my spare gearboxes on trademe :D

Welcome to the wonderful world of infinis :D

infiniGTR (3:36:37 PM): does homo mean the same thing in the US
                            JhoShizzLe (3:37:04 PM): yes, it means that you get lots of pussy
                            JhoShizzLe (3:37:13 PM)
                            infiniGTR (3:37:08 PM): you dirty homo
                            JhoShizzLe (3:37:25 PM): haha
                            Want JDM parts ? Ask here

Comment

Kewl yea i bought mine from CHCH i live 50km west of there in darfield and i got it 4 $2,300 so that was pretty lucky ae

Comment

Working...
                              X