My car just broke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car just broke

After installing the fresh head there was lifter noise. So i figured since i was gonna inspect them I'd install the exhaust cam on the intake side. Well after everything was timed and ready to go, i started the car and there was an instant pop from the exhaust and now it doesn't crank, just makes a weird noise when i try to start it. Anyone know what i should check/adjust or what i could have broken. Could i have over tightened something, or could the distributer timing be off, I'm sure the cams are properly timed...what i did:

For the exhaust side set the tab on the end of the cam in the E slot and was facing up on the mark, the intake side was the exhaust cam with tab in the I slot, and the tooth facing up is the one 180 degrees across and three teeth to the left, and the crank mark was on the second from the right when facing the drivers side spot.

< I misused this smiley, please excuse it, didnt understand the expressions
    Last edited by Onehalfasia; 03-26-2007, 09:03 PM.

tried to start it again and there was an instant pop from the exhaust, a fairly loud one

Comment

why did you install the exhaust cam on the intake side?

Comment

Originally posted by LeeMoney View Post

Comment

can anyone roughly explain timing, the cam timing is off by alot, and not sure why or how to fix it

Comment

as i said on your other post your timing is off... dont worry about it nothing is broken... as i said on your other post (again) make sure your using the correct timing marks on the gears (i used the wrong ones and this happened, what i get for going by memory)... also if the rotor on wrong it will do it too.
            There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeMoney View Post
              you just work on getting another cam before you worry about what people do with theirs lol
              There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

Originally posted by FazdaBoy4ever View Post
                you just work on getting another cam before you worry about what people do with theirs lol
                hahaha... I only need one

Comment

lol, I think thats what he was getting at :p
                  Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
                  sigpic

Comment

turn your motor to tdc, and get an fsm and find out how the motor is timed... your lucky you have a timing belt and not a chain where everything is on the inside... If I'm off a tooth on the crank gear, i have to take off my front cover At least you can adjust everything w/ ease...
                    1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                    1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                    2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                    2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Working...
                    X