clutch slipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch slipping

I believe but am not 100% sure yet that my clutch is slipping. Is it possible that oil dripping from the valve cover breather could be leaking oil into the transmission housing and getting on the clutch?

thanks
    Mazda MX-3 94
    GTX BPT ECU VAF

not likely. once it starts slipping it would burn the oil off, and stop slipping, possibly. Plus it would take quite a bit of oil to slip the whole plate. its more likely the plate is worn and needs replacing.
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Or your rear main is leaking...that much oil would cause a clutch to slip..... but he's probably right the clutch disc is probably toast.
      Ebay Festiva 282.50.......BP01 SOHC motor plus the cost of rebuild 290.....being able to hang with low 15 second cars that think they're the bee's knees....PRICELESS
      sigpic

Comment

well it does stop slipping
        its a 4th and 5th gear issue only
        3rd can hold with 15psi of boost and high rpm
        i just went to pass and 4th reved but didn't grab right away and also in 5th it has slipped but then regains connection
        Mazda MX-3 94
        GTX BPT ECU VAF

Comment

weird that 4th and 5th slip. my old 626 turbo when the clutch was leaving town slipped every gear, had to be easy on the throttle.

oh wait...top gears, lots of resistance, lots of torque.it slips. low gears, lower resistance (to accelerating anyways) doesn't slip. sorta makes sense, still weird through.
          No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Thats how mine was when it started going. Higher gears first, 1st gear would never slip. Now it slips when I put the whole weight of my foot on it.

Comment

thats just how the ball rolls with slipping clutches, you feel it in the upper gears first.

93' 5spd DX
              R.I.P

Comment

are you guys talking about stock clutches??

Comment

Working...
                X