Headers for my pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headers for my pro

nebody know where i can get some headers for my 93 sohc, dont matter if its ceramic coated or stainless, preferably 4-2-1 ya dig? thanks

negative on sohc headers. only made them for the dohc. its one of those engines that just isn't worth spending more than maintenance costs on. good plugs/wires, clean filter, enjoy your great mpg.
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

what he said
      sigpic gtx swap,pacesetter cat back exhaust,civic short shifter,both front and rear upper strut tower bars,high flow cat,,mx-3 lower tie bar,mx-3 front seats,zxtuner poly motor mount inserts,manual seat belt conversion,mx-3 lether shift boot,

come to mazdasnw.com if you live in the northwest

Comment

I disagree, the sohc does have potential. dont give up on it.

I have tryed to find a header for the sohc but no one makes them, but im in the process of trying to get some custom ones built.

Comment

They make headers for the SOHC i thought maybe some of you guys would know about Genie??? If you know a friend in sydney AU you can buy one.....

I might get one because I have a festiva friend thats lives in Sydney
          Last edited by FestivaWES; 05-01-2007, 09:50 PM.
          Ebay Festiva 282.50.......BP01 SOHC motor plus the cost of rebuild 290.....being able to hang with low 15 second cars that think they're the bee's knees....PRICELESS
          sigpic

Comment

its hard to find genies here anymore. we do know, but I haven't seen one for sale in 2+ years
            No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

yeah, that header is pointless. if you really want your sohc to move you may as well rig up a low boost turbo system. . . then it might hang with a stock bp.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by southerncross View Post
                yeah, that header is pointless. if you really want your sohc to move you may as well rig up a low boost turbo system. . . then it might hang with a stock bp.
                lol my sohc is lightly moded with weight reduction and i hang with stock bps with no problems at all.

Comment

Corksport sells the Genie. At least it shows one for sale
                  Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

that's the 1.6, I'm thinking he meant 1.8

Comment

What year was the SOHC 1.8L in the protege.
                      Mx3 RS,BP-turbo

Comment

all of them. the dx was/is a sohc. so is the 4wd.

Comment

Just never seen a 1.8L SOHC in a DX. Always seen the 1.6L
                          Mx3 RS,BP-turbo

Comment

the mx3 and 323 came with the 1.6, the protege with the 1.8. were you thinking I meant mx or 323? I don't know the mx3 or 323 models and years as well as the protege. I'll have to do some wiki looking tonight at work to make sure I'm not blowing smoke. AFAIK only the protege came with the 1.8 sohc.

Comment

Your right. the protege had the 1.8L SOHC.

1.6 L (1,597 cc) B6 - (78x83.6 mm) - This was a bored-out version of the B3. The 8-valve SOHC B6 was found in the 1985-1989 Mazda 323, the 1988-1990 Mercury Tracer, and the 1990-1994 Mazda 323, and the 1992 Mazda mx-3. The B6 produced 82 hp (61 kW).

In Japan and Australia a fuel-injected version called the B6F was available.

The 1.8 L (1,839 cc) B8 is not just a bored and stroked B6. Rather, a new block with widened cylinder spacing is used. The bore was 83 mm and the stroke was 85 mm. This SOHC engine was used in various Australian Mazda 323s and the American 1990-1994 Mazda Protege. It came in both 8 (B8-E) and 16-valve variants (B8-ME).

The B8ME is also found in Canadian variants of the 323 hatchback.
                              Mx3 RS,BP-turbo

Comment

Working...
                              X