engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine

so just washed the engine bay and car was fine started up fine left running so it will dry up then shut it off and a couple hours turn it used it again it was fine then turn on about 9:00 pm and it started studering when giving gas
    so im thinking something got wet
    sigpicSLICK PROTEGE

Check under the dissy cap. Make sure all connections are cleaned. Or there might still be condensation in the cap.
    Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

check your spark plug holes for standing water...

when i washed mine i left it running. and had roughly the same experience. a couple of the spark plug holes were half full of water. i sucked it out with a shop vac and dried it out as good as possible. then i left the hood up, all the holes open and let the sun shine on my engine for awhile.

this fixed my issue. the Bp is known to be equiped with faulty spark plug wires.
      Last edited by martiniac; 05-02-2007, 10:12 PM.
      miss my '93 LX at every corner
      photo album
      Catch me on Facebook

Comment

i will do that ill let u guys know and about disty i covered it with a bag
        sigpicSLICK PROTEGE

Comment

found out what it was guys it like martiniac said thanks guys for the suggesting
          sigpicSLICK PROTEGE

Comment

yea every time i wash mine i always forget to get the water out of the spark plug holes and it takes me a little while to remember thats what it is
            sigpic gtx swap,pacesetter cat back exhaust,civic short shifter,both front and rear upper strut tower bars,high flow cat,,mx-3 lower tie bar,mx-3 front seats,zxtuner poly motor mount inserts,manual seat belt conversion,mx-3 lether shift boot,

come to mazdasnw.com if you live in the northwest

Comment

Working...
            X