Wiring the new engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring the new engine

The new engine is about done (just have to get one more bolt and put the intake mani back together)

next step is putting it in the engine bay and wiring it....

I plan on making an engine wire harness myself using the plugs from the stock one... but where can I get the several different colored wires the factory uses or should i just reuse colors when I put it together?

Also what gauge would be best 10, 12, 14, 16? anyone that can help please let me know.
    In the Garage
    Black 93 MX-3 GS
    Bp powered
    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

you can buy automotive wire from suppliers in desired colours but you will have a hard time matching the stock one. Also the gauge depends on the function of the wire and ranges from 18-20 to somewhere around 12 and bigger for alternator for example. It all depends on the circuit that wire is in and its requirements. Bigger gauge is always the safer bet however.

Comment

i figured i couldn't match the stock wiring diagram for colors.. to be honest not all of the wires in the engine bay matched it before anyway... but if i can get a wide enough assortment of colors i can make my own diagram when i make the custom harness (and leave out as many extra wires as possible)
      In the Garage
      Black 93 MX-3 GS
      Bp powered
      GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
      MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Working...
      X