No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys im just new here and wanted to ask if its easy to
    replace my carburator and make it injected? pls help..
    im from the philippines and if you guys need parts from headers to what ever
    theres alot of guys that custom make them. tnx.....

well if this is your 96 we are talking about then you need not worry since your car is already equipped with fuel injection. You should definately learn alittle bit about cars before you take on any projects for your car. I'd start with some oil changes and small things and try and learn something about cars before you actually try to modify one.

Good Luck

Comment

He's from the Philippines. Some of their cars are set up oddly compared to what we're used to. Also, and I know this is a prejudicial generalization, them boys can be wrench turners of the highest caliber, outta sheer necessity. Which is why there are so many guys there that build car parts in the first place. But just in case what we have here is a car n00b, look and see what manner of hardware is under your air filter. If you have a little box with a flapper door inside it, with a long tube running to the side of the engine closest to the firewall, y'all are injected. If you have an air filter that is already close to that back side of the engine, and there's a little twin-barrelled thing under there with a couple brass butterfly valves, you're carbureted. You wanna switch that over to injection? Talk to one o' them boys that's local and knows his **** well enough to make car parts.... you're looking at injectors, fuel rail, manifold, gas tank mods to accept fuel return line, fuel return line, fuel pump, AFM (flapper door thingie), intake plumbing, ECU, and a lotta other crap I've fogotten about.

And after all that, yeah... even on the islands, if you're talking about a '96, it's prolly injected already. Carbs are full-on stone age.
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Lol, in Mexico they were still building the original beetle until 2003 ... different markets have different cars for sure.

Comment

hey sir, im so sure its a carb! my country sucks!!! 1.3 then a carb!! If the time comes and i plan to chenge my carb to fuel injected will you expertz help me?
          and i wanna do alittle tuning too coz i hate thoes civics here that just Criticize us...

Comment

Originally posted by LeeMoney View Post
            well if this is your 96 we are talking about then you need not worry since your car is already equipped with fuel injection. You should definately learn alittle bit about cars before you take on any projects for your car. I'd start with some oil changes and small things and try and learn something about cars before you actually try to modify one.

Good Luck
            Probably not the best way to make a new member feel welcome, I was where he was/is when I got my 323 almost 2 years ago, so instead of negativity, help the guy out.

Originally posted by luis timothy View Post
            hey sir, im so sure its a carb! my country sucks!!! 1.3 then a carb!! If the time comes and i plan to chenge my carb to fuel injected will you expertz help me?
            and i wanna do alittle tuning too coz i hate thoes civics here that just Criticize us...
            You'll find as much help as the club members here can give you, my car wouldn't be where it is without the guys and gals here. You came to the right site too, even though this is a Mazda site, a majority of the focus is on BG Chassis Mazda's, so welcome to the club.

MrH.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

thanks suzuka i have been looking 4 mazda lovers a long time ago and i was scared that no one shared the same passion as mine. looking forward for you guys to help me. tnx! il post some pics of my sohc 1.3 ugly carb 4 u to see soon.

Comment

Wow. A carb.. I dunno man. I don't have any clue as to what resources you have available there, but there are options. It might end up being cheaper to get another car, but if you can get your hands on a bpt engine and ecu, you will find joy and happiness. I think putting all the effort of converting your car to injectors, on a 1.3, wouldn't be worth it at all. OTOH if you could find a wrecked ZX13 and pull the entire intake offa that, you'd get major style points, but I don't think you're really gonna see any huge performance gains with 1300 cc. Full engine swap FTW...
                '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                  Full engine swap For The Win...
                  Welcome to ClubProtege!!!
                  miss my '93 LX at every corner
                  photo album
                  Catch me on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
                    Wow. A carb.. I dunno man. I don't have any clue as to what resources you have available there, but there are options. It might end up being cheaper to get another car, but if you can get your hands on a bpt engine and ecu, you will find joy and happiness. I think putting all the effort of converting your car to injectors, on a 1.3, wouldn't be worth it at all. OTOH if you could find a wrecked ZX13 and pull the entire intake offa that, you'd get major style points, but I don't think you're really gonna see any huge performance gains with 1300 cc. Full engine swap FTW...
                    I agree, that 1.3L isn't an engine to do much with, it won't handle boost well as it truly is the Mazda drive and trash motor so a turbo is outta the question, you may start looking into finding a motor to swap into it cause at this point any other motor will wake that car up.

As for finding other people who have a passion for their Mazda, you have found it, I get questions all day long from co workers, friends, and family as to why I put money into my car and I don't just buy a newer car? I tell them that there's no better look on someone's face when I cook their $20,000+ car with my little $2,000 car, it comes down to this:

1991 Mazda 323 - $1000
                    B6D Engine Swap - $700
                    Look on v6 Mustang owners face when he finally catches me at the next light- Priceless!

Good luck man and keep us posted!

MeH.

Looking for an Interplay Bumper!!!!

Comment

his best bet would be to find someone to help him with an engine swap to a dohc bp

Comment

Working...
                      X