Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I got a GTR intake manifold, what should I do to it for BOOST?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got a GTR intake manifold, what should I do to it for BOOST?

Can someone give me some tips on what I should do to the intake?

P&P? What else?
    Block is almost done, cylinders are overboard for Weisco pistons, pro gram billet main caps have been line bored, and my chinese EDT rods have been machined to right specs. Everything has been balanced.

Damn you

:-P
    Drew
    '95 EGT 1.8
    T
    '93 ELX 1.9 SC
    '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

Originally posted by Skuce View Post
      Damn you

:-P
      www.corksport.com bro, $209 when i got it a fwe weeks ago
      Block is almost done, cylinders are overboard for Weisco pistons, pro gram billet main caps have been line bored, and my chinese EDT rods have been machined to right specs. Everything has been balanced.

Comment

Port match it and leave it alone. It was designed for boost.

Comment

/\ What he said. The next best thing to do to it that I don't think a lot of people know about is to have the intake extune honed. What it does is it forces gritty sand/putty through the intake and as it is forced through it polishes the inside of the intake. It works great a lot of us mustang guys have been doing it for years with great results. You could also do this to any cast product....
          http://www.boneheadperformance.com/s...xtrudehone.htm
          hello 4g63 nice to meet you

Comment

Originally posted by wht95scort View Post
            /\ What he said. The next best thing to do to it that I don't think a lot of people know about is to have the intake extune honed. What it does is it forces gritty sand/putty through the intake and as it is forced through it polishes the inside of the intake. It works great a lot of us mustang guys have been doing it for years with great results. You could also do this to any cast product....
            http://www.boneheadperformance.com/s...xtrudehone.htm
            A good idea but also a pretty penny.

Comment

did that to my intake manni on my S-10, it revved oh so much quicker afterwards
              "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
              -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
              *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
              172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
              New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

My GTR intake is already pretty clean.
                Can you post some picts of that intake?
                1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TurboProto View Post
                  My GTR intake is already pretty clean.
                  Can you post some picts of that intake?
                  that thing is LONG gone, I had it when I was 16. look at the site though they have some pics of before and after results
                  "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                  -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                  *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                  172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                  New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
                    that thing is LONG gone, I had it when I was 16. look at the site though they have some pics of before and after results
                    I ment the GTR intake..
                    1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by svtfast View Post
                      www.corksport.com bro, $209 when i got it a fwe weeks ago

How long was turnaround from order date to hot-in-your-hands date?
                      Drew
                      '95 EGT 1.8
                      T
                      '93 ELX 1.9 SC
                      '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

Originally posted by Skuce View Post
                        How long was turnaround from order date to hot-in-your-hands date?
                        About 2 weeks, that is standard shipping time from the states here to APO AE in Germany. I beleive they had it in stock, email them and ask them.

Comment

Thats funny cause my GTR intake came from Germany on german ebay. It took about 2 weeks to get to the states.

Boosted 1990 4WD

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X