Pacesetter header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacesetter header

What are the benefits of this over teh stock cast iron one ither then that weight diff, How much more power does it have?

I have one, Im just debatin on installing it.. Need a downpipe for it

Why do you need a downpipe for it? It comes with one...

I like mine I guess...I had to replace my '94 tubular header because it was cracked in the center of the tubes at the collector. $197 for the Pacesetter which unfortunately had the slip-flange on the downpipe put on backwards from the Pacesh*tter factory, which caused the bell-shape of the downpipe to deform and leak when I had a mediocre exhaust made for the car...I had a performance shop redo the exhaust from the downpipe to the cat-back and they flipped that slip-flange around and angled it properly.

But yes, the tubular manifold/Pacesetter header is a lot lighter than the cast manifold.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

I'm also curious about this one... Will it make a huge noise difference? I love loud exhaust but I want to buy the corksport catback with it. I know it shouldn't make a big hp increase, but do you ever notice a difference?
      protege is sold, selling the last bits that I have left. Buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by jaws View Post
        I'm also curious about this one... Will it make a huge noise difference? I love loud exhaust but I want to buy the corksport catback with it. I know it shouldn't make a big hp increase, but do you ever notice a difference?
        From what i read here, the corksport catback is loud especially on a n/a car!
        **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
        95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Sweet :D
          protege is sold, selling the last bits that I have left. Buy them.

Comment

Yeah there's definately a difference in power from the stock manifold/downpipe to the Pacesetter. Just looking at the thing, you're going from a 2" or something downpipe to 2.5". That, a highflow cat, and the CorkusSportus catback and you'll be good...or you can go with a custom made 2.5" downpipe back and make all sorts of noise!

That's what I have. Loud as hell...but the car does go faster with it. Put down 121.3whp and my only other mod is the bigger AFM...that leaves exhaust to make up the rest of the power difference.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Working...
            X