yanking out cruise control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yanking out cruise control

so I decided to yank out cruise control and AC. i just want to make sure that I am doing it right. The line on the pic goes to some kinda tube near radiator...what is it? should i take it out as well...correct me if i am wrong.

all help appreciated
    thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by arslantm; 10-27-2007, 11:22 AM.

thats your ac line

Comment

oh my bad...anyways was gonna remove it
      thanks

Comment

yeah, thats your high side ac line. i just took all my a/c out (forward of the firewall) and that one was kind of a bitch to get out. the tube terminates @ the front of the engine bay into the dryer. i had to bend mine a little bit to get to it with the wrenches. you need a 17mm and 19mm open end to get it out.

the cruise control is super easy. takes maybe ten minutes if you stop to drink a beer at the 30 second mark like i did. just disconnect what you see in the bay (dont forget to block off the vacuum port on the intake manifold) and the get under your dash and pull the cable from the upper throttle lever. thats it.
        sigpic

Comment

which would be this line on the pic...what did u use to block off a vacuum port??
          thanks man
          Attached Files

Comment

thats the vacuum line for the cruise control diaphragm. you can get lil covers that go over the port at any parts store.

93' 5spd DX
            R.I.P

Comment

Working...
            X