No announcement yet.

ACT Prolite Flywheel or Spec Aluminum Flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this for the 2.0L 4cyl, or the 2.5L V6?

You don't happen to know the ACT part number for the clutch, do you? I've been meaning to try out ACT, I figure now would be a good time to give it a try.

--sarge
    Last edited by SgtRauksauff; 09-04-2008, 02:10 PM.

Comment

FYI when looking into a light weight flywheel have a good look at how the friction surface is mounted... I know for a fact spec and ACT aluminum ones are rivited.. you can NOT! machine these friction surfaces they are ment to be replaced... if you need to replace your clutch and there are groves in the friction surface you will have to drill out and re-rivit it back on..

IMO fidanza is the best.. they sell replacement friction surfaces and they are bolt on for easier replacement...

Also light weight flywheels have little to no affect on day to day driving... The clutch you end up running weather it be a puck clutch, sprung hub, unsprung hub, or a grabby friction material is going to have more affect..

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
        is the FM flywheel just a stripped stock flywheel?
        It looks like it, from what I saw when mine arrived yesterday. I think they might take new ones and have them turned down, or else make them that way fresh, but they are painted. I'll take some pictures when I get the chance. I also got the ACT clutch the other day.

--sarge

Comment

Working...
        X