• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethanol

Is Bp T Compatible With Enthanol?

in stock form you mean?
    or with 80/20. 90/10 mix from pumps?

In NZ we have 90/10 mix now but our fuel pumps, regulators are NOT happy using the mix
    Engine should be fine, but eveything elsethat sits on the motor my not be

you also need to buy HUGE injectors as etha is very dry and you need heaps to get the same A/R

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
    1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

as long as there is no rubber anywhere in the fuel system you should be fine. and like dave was saying ethanol does burn faster then straight fuel so you might have to retard your timing even more then normal.

93' 5spd DX
      R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by protégébob View Post
        as long as there is no rubber anywhere in the fuel system you should be fine. and like dave was saying ethanol does burn faster then straight fuel so you might have to retard your timing even more then normal.
        I have considered building my BP to run on E-85, but I am still on the fence. The one thing that I like about it is the high octane, which means you can run high compression ratio. Other than that, I don't see the advantage, unless you just want to be able to tell people that you are eco-friendly.

Comment

well if ur looking to be eco friendly maybe ethanol isn't the solution. It takes a litre of diesel to make a litre of ethanol, the tractors and other farm machinery that are used to harvest corn don't run on ethanol.
          Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
          sigpic

Comment

You will need bigger injectors ( so you will need a good standalone) and ethanol friendly rubber parts in the fuel system. Plus sides is it runs much much cooler then Gas, but you need twice as much.
            Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

Originally posted by jumpncrash View Post
              well if ur looking to be eco friendly maybe ethanol isn't the solution. It takes a litre of diesel to make a litre of ethanol, the tractors and other farm machinery that are used to harvest corn don't run on ethanol.
              Agreed. That is true of most "biofuels". It isn't just the tractors either, there are lots of petroleum based chemicals used to raise the corn (pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers).

Comment

Working...
              X