Head Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head Problems

I just bought this head off of ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=120183729260). It arrived today and I got looking at it and one of the intake valves for the #3 cylinder wont fully close. When both intakes valves in the cylinder are open it is open farther then the other one. Any ideas why it stays open? I really dont want to have to send it back and have them try to fix it.
    Here is are some pics of the valves when they are open and you can see that the valve on the left is open farther then the right oneThanks in advance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 93 Pro; 11-23-2007, 08:33 PM. Reason: pic problems
    BPT Power....Drop a gear and disappear.sigpic

Take a picture of the top side...

It looks like you have a collapsed lifter or one of the lifters is not completely bled down...

... I'd take out the lifters and check and clean them. Search for the cleaning guide on here.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
    Member of MX-3.com
    1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
    1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

I took the cam off and took that HLA out and cleaned it and reinstalled it and everything works. After putting the cam back on a torquing it I noticed that they have all the journals mixed up the exaust ones are on the intake cam and vice versa. What should I do to redo them, is there a certain way they go or anything?
      BPT Power....Drop a gear and disappear.sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X