ASAP - BPT clutch questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASAP - BPT clutch questions

OK in the middle of the swap my brother advised me that I should get a new clutch since my BP's clutch, while not old but a factory Mazda clutch, probably won't hold the power when I turn the boost up.

So I need a BPT clutch by Sunday.
    What clutch should I get?
    Where can I find it online to be next-dayed to me?

I didn't see one for the BPT on CorkSport so I'm not sure where else to look. I figure I might as well use the BPT flywheel since it has a larger surface area and wieghs the same as the BP flywheel.

Thanks!
    -Ryan

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

SPEC, I think... don't know if they deliver that fast.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
    Member of MX-3.com
    1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
    1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shades View Post
      SPEC, I think... don't know if they deliver that fast.
      Just checked, they aren't shipping anything out til after Jan. 4th.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo

Comment

I have a rebuilt BPT clutch and pressure plate. The material is brand new on it. It won't be cheap to ship though - let me know if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
          I have a rebuilt BPT clutch and pressure plate. The material is brand new on it. It won't be cheap to ship though - let me know if you're interested.
          How much power can it hold? That's my biggest concern now, I know people have said the BPT clutch is nice but I do plan on turning the boost up a little after we get everything worked out.

What do you want for it?

Comment

Lex had his up to 273hp'ish... on the stock BPT clutch.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
            Member of MX-3.com
            1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
            1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shades View Post
              Lex had his up to 273hp'ish... on the stock BPT clutch.
              Damn...well hell, that's more than plenty. I'd probably be around 225 at the wheels, so if this clutch is rebuilt and like new it would be fine.

And it could get to me before Sunday, which means I could get my car together this weekend.

Comment

It will hold BPT power no problem but shipping is a rape. PM sent.

Comment

Alright, well I'm not gonna rush ship anything since it's retardedly expensive...so I gotta be patient.

Anyway, I'm looking at the SPEC stage 2+ clutch...looks like the last clutch I'd need since it can hold 350ft lbs...least expensive I have found it for is $319.51. Now, don't they make a clutch for the BPT? I see 323 GT-R listed but I thought that was different from the GTX. It's expensive too...so I think I'll just go with the Protege one...

Sound about right?

Comment

I am using a stage 1+ spec for the GTR. Should hold over 350 ft lbs and it's very streetable. So far so good for me but I don't have many miles on it yet.

Comment

The only difference between GTX and GTR is disc thickness. It's 3.2 mm per side for GTX and 3.5 for GTR. They are interchangeable.
                      1990 Protege 4WD
                      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                      ├┼┤
                      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
                      X