Mazda 323 F GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda 323 F GT

Hi there! I have this car with CAT. The current power is roughly 130PS. I would like to get around 170PS. As far as my understanding, I have two options:

1. Getting a complete GTX Turbo unit as my base engine is identical with that one.
    2. Getting a Japanise ECU to raise to power around 30PS.

My car i 100% stock condition so could you please guide me about these options respectivelly?

Advantages, extra parts,etc...

Thanks a lot from now

Dude buying a Jap ecu will NOT give you 30hp extra
    it'll give you 5hp

Buy a GTX front cut it'll give you 180hp

or you can go hardcore N/A ($$$) instead and get 170hp

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
    1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

I think I should get GTX engine as you said. Do you think the base engines are different or identical because of their different compression ratios? If they are identical, I may get only the turbo unit and ecu.

Comment

keep your "Cat" version BP engine as they have higher compression than a GTX but are still safe for Booost

so get a GTX turbo ECU. Cams, Injectors etc ...and just your base BP as the engine. will makes alot of power

1996 ST205 Toyota Celica GT4 | 1991 BG 323 Astina GT, BP N/A 138WHP *Gone*.
        1990 BG Ford Laser S (jdm), soon to be 220whp KL-ZE track hack

Comment

Dave, I have no experience about turboing so I would be happy if you give me a detailt list of needed items fo that. Cams, injectors,etc... If I change everything in my current engine, how will I reserve the same/original compresiison ratio? THanks a lot!

Comment

i don't think anyone (expect a few) believe a base BP (i hope u mean a BP-DE)

can make any power let alone hold its OWN for reliability.. Of course u have to have a damn good decent setup.
            92 Mazda MX-3 (2120lbs) (12.4@118@18psi)1.8 DOHC ,Eletromotive TEC II Standalone System, Turbo Ric Project Turbo Kit, Custom intake manifold 80MM Mustang TB, PT67 P-TRIM TURBO, Custom turbo manifold, 3 in. down pipe, Innovate wideband, 1000cc RC Injecters,walbro 255, custom fuel rail, Areomotive FPR, MSD wires, NGK V-Power R5671A-8 plugs, 31 1/2" L x 10 5/8" H x 3 1/2" D Percision Turbo 750HP FMIC , 2.5in intercooler piping, Tial wastegate/BOV, Unrothdox UDP, KIA G-series trans, ACT 6 puck extreme clutch,(Need a twin disc) 30psi guage&10,000RPM tach (autometer)(EQUUS guages), NO I DON'T HAVE A BPT I HAVE A REUGLAR BP-DE. (updated)

Otherwise known as LIMEGREEN MX-3
            12 sec MX-3TURBO RIC PROJECT MX-3
            http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=59746
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3dn-fw9S7s
            http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=56488

Comment

Everything you need to know is here.Just use search.

Comment

It's a miracle what a little search of these forums does for ya. Learn it

1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

My car has 1.8 DOCH engine. I guess I have to get a copmlete GTX engine for powering up! It is okay for now.

Do any gentlemen know how I will get this front emblem? I love it and wanna see it on my red astina!

Here is the link: ''http://www.imazda.com/forums/showthread.php?p=136574#post136574''

Cheers,Aziz

Comment

well you could always look on ebay for the logo, u never know...
                    Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes, I have been looking for it for a while including ebay, but no success to date. I would be really glad if you guys let me know in case it is seen somewhere... ta

Comment

My engine is DOCH

Comment

I got the red emblem from Japan via one of my friends btw.

Comment

Working...
                          X