Cut out problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut out problem

At low rpms and gears the motor cuts out but clears up as soon as i get into a steady highspeed or higer rpms. I just replaced wires and plugs. The distributor was replaced about 100,000 miles ago. My engine light isnt on and i have no idea what it is. I checked and didnt really see any vacuum leaks.

Anyone got anything?

thanks,

shane
    1994 Protege - KLDE Swap.

Check the connector on the vaf or try another one. Unplug it and see if it acts the same way.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I actually hooked a air to fuel ratio gauge into the front O 2 sensor, but the thing is you have to splice it in and i thought it was causing the problem. Soo, i took it out and wrapped up the cord with some electical tape but it still did it. Could that have anything to do with it.

I tried unpluging it but the car doesnt run but a second and shuts off. I don't have a MAF laying around.

Thanks,

Shane

Comment

chech your air intake hose might have a crack or tear in it happend to me, i replaced the hose and no more problem
        sigpic gtx swap,pacesetter cat back exhaust,civic short shifter,both front and rear upper strut tower bars,high flow cat,,mx-3 lower tie bar,mx-3 front seats,zxtuner poly motor mount inserts,manual seat belt conversion,mx-3 lether shift boot,

come to mazdasnw.com if you live in the northwest

Comment

Originally posted by schrcrzycrl View Post
          chech your air intake hose might have a crack or tear in it happend to me, i replaced the hose and no more problem
          x2 i just have a similar problem a the garage where i work

The Beast : sleeper 323 93 25th
          The Apprentice : Mazda 3 skyactiv 2012

Comment

Originally posted by luckycharms View Post
            x2 i just have a similar problem a the garage where i work
            Thirded. It'll make it stall out at low speeds, and you should see evidence on your spark plugs. I believe running lean (which is what would be happening) causes the electrode to look white. Take a look at your plugs, preferably your old ones, and that'll tell you if this is the problem.

Comment

It was the MAF. I just unplugged it and then plugged it back in. It runs like a champ. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by NineFourProtege View Post
                It was the MAF. I just unplugged it and then plugged it back in. It runs like a champ. lol.
                Glad its fixed.
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                X