Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help finding various studs, nuts and bolts for bp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help finding various studs, nuts and bolts for bp?

I need to replace several of the studs and nuts for bolting up my intake and exhuast manifolds, should i just buy some stock ones or are they any higher grade after market ones i should get?

Also how about the two bolts for the cam gears? mine are rusted bad and i should replace those also... does anyone know the size of them and where i could get new ones of those?
    In the Garage
    Black 93 MX-3 GS
    Bp powered
    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

for the exhaust I'd get some stainless, way worth it. for the intake, get stock. they don't deal with the heavy heat. I might have a pile in my nuts and bolts box, I'll give it a check.
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Www.miataroadster.com has arp intake(not sure about the exaust side) manni bolts.

I have a ****load of misc bolts and nuts I can ship you from when I tore down my bp. Just pay for shipping and I'll send them. Not sure what all is in the packages but might help somehow. Look at my "parts for sale" link in my sig for a pic of the bags of bolts.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

where can i get SS studs for the exhuast from? i recall trying hard but not being able to find them
        In the Garage
        Black 93 MX-3 GS
        Bp powered
        GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
        MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

I went to kenyon lumber (local joint). I'd bet depot or lowes would have them too. I can't remember where you Actually get the correct mazda studs, I just found something that worked.
          No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Working...
          X