The new clutch is in.... but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new clutch is in.... but....

OK, I was far too busy and paid one of the mechanics from work to install the clutch. I actually came over the last day and helped.. I'm glad he did it because there was a lot more than I could have handled in my driveway. The passenger side axle is now "one" with the transmission.. We got it back in there with it in stuck in the transmission. I got the car back and what a difference!!! I guess the pressure plate was dead! The clutch really didn't look too bad at all.

Anyway.. now the problems.. I have to tinker with it tomorrow as the brake lights now do not work.. and the radiator fan does not come on.. Any tips on what area to look for for these? The running lights and turn signals work fine.. the brake lights (including the center one in the rear deck) do not work.. pulled the fuse and it looks ok.. The fan, is probably just a disconnected plug I'm guessing.
    1993 Protege DX

It was free!

Over 200,000 miles

Smells like the last owners raised polecats in it! The interior is horrible!

Not a straight panel on the poor thing, nothing caved in, but the poor old thing is just dinged and pinged all over. Maybe it's Mazda cellulite?

That's what I'd gues as well. Common "opps" mistake. Good luck.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

check plugs, check fuses
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

The brake lights will be pretty easy.. the new idle problem is driving me nuts! Runs perfect till it warms completely up. Then runs fantastic until its time to come to a stop. Right when you push in the clutch to come to a stop, the idle drops out to almost nil! It does "catch up" but the idle drops so bad that the oil, gen and check engine lights blink on.. the idle is rather "lopey" it runs well for a moment then drops real low..then returns for a moment.. repeats
        1993 Protege DX

It was free!

Over 200,000 miles

Smells like the last owners raised polecats in it! The interior is horrible!

Not a straight panel on the poor thing, nothing caved in, but the poor old thing is just dinged and pinged all over. Maybe it's Mazda cellulite?

Comment

check for leaks in your intake. I had that problem for so long and had no idea what was going on. It was my MAF that was the problem tho.

Comment

Working...
          X