X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda b3 16v sohc engine

hey guyz

i have a few queston I'd like to ask related to the engine above

we are going to use it in speedway so 1/3 - 1/4 mile dirt oval we need to be 1300 and only allowed single cam camshaft 4 cylinder car engines but we are allowed to modify the engine no turbo no supercharger

we plan to use methanol

can somebody give me a heads up on where we should be heading with head, porting, cam, rockers anything really

also do any heads off biggger sohc engine fits this 1?

any help would be appreciated

sorry engine is 8v not 16v according to rules we are only allowed 2 or 3 valves per cylinder to run 1300cc

Comment

The B3 engine came in the Festiva, Aspire (here in the US/NA market) Kia (can't remember the model name) and the Mazda 121 in Japan and other select markets. There was a guy here in the US that built one up to 145hp, normally aspirated with side draft carbs, 11.5:1 comp., header, custom ground cam (I think), etc... I believe he was road racing the car. Biggest number changes will likely come from porting and higher compression. Just search the web on these engines.

-Jon R.

Comment

ok do you know if any of the larger cc b series heads fit that have 8v ohc ?
        1500 1600 1800 ?

Comment

the early 1.6L 8 valve was fit over on fordfestiva.com someone did a writeup.
          2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
          1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
          X