Over Heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over Heating

So My Car Is Over Heating And I Turn The Heater On And It Goes Down Any Reason Why ?
    sigpicSLICK PROTEGE

fans aren't kicking on, or thermostat isn't opening, or you got air pockets in your system.
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

yeah, start by checking the connector that goes to the fan, so far thats worked for me on both mine, it gets really corroded, you can just plug iot and unplug it a bunch of times, that should do the trick if thats the problem. Of course if you want to do it right you can press the connectors out and replace them with new ones.
      Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
      sigpic

Comment

I Got Guys It Was The Fan Wires I Move Them And It Went Right On Thanks Guy
        sigpicSLICK PROTEGE

Comment

the heater works exactly like a radiator.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper View Post
            fans aren't kicking on, or thermostat isn't opening, or you got air pockets in your system.
            Agreed

Burp your cooling system and get all the air out. Use a hill or use a jack and try and make the rad. fill neck area the highest point this will insure all the air escapes the heater core and entire system. Then if you can't think of anything you did to allow air in the cooling system(did you add antifreeze through the fill neck without the heater full blast and at operating tempature?)

If you didn't do anything you may have a leak. Get your system pressure tested.

If none of above (everyone's ideas) come back with results, then your radiator could be bad.

I know this post is old, but I'm new and want to give some advice and + to my post count.
            1992 MX-3 1.6L SOHC since 4/10/08
            1987 Supra Turbo 5spd. 57trim CT-26 15PSI 305rwhp 315rwtq
            Also have 1990 Protege LX black exterior, gray/black interior complete car other than I have removed the tranny for my mx-3 and will be hanging on to the low mileage BP motor unless a decent offer came along. Anyway I will part anything esle from car out just PM me

Comment

Working...
            X