F2t in a bg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F2t in a bg

Would somebody beleive me if i told him that i manage to fit a f2t ,out of a 89 probe gt ,in a 94 323 that i sold a couple of year ago !!! Idont no what i was thinking at that time , man alot of work for what its worth !! Il try to post some pics for you non beleivers !

i was just the thinking of doing the same exact thing with the same exact car year and all. how much trouble was it because this probe and 323 are just sitting.
    86 626 5dr- f2t swap, holset, and love of my life
    89 323 3dr- saving gas stock
    91 323 3dr- full race coming soon
    92 protege- test mule for now
    87 supra- sick not dead, i need more boost
    96 740il- smoked out on stgd 20s, no chrome
    and so many other cars

The way to tell the difference between an automotive enthusiast and a
    person who only loves what they drive is simple. The use of the word RICER!!!

Comment

alot of trouble !!!!! Engine does not fit in engine bay with the trany on it ! Custom axles,mounts,crossmember,wirering arness,shiftrods ect...ect... Your better of to put a v8 !!

Comment

lol, we still all want pics though
        Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
        sigpic

Comment

I believe it.

It's been done before.

Comment

like i said i sold te car to one of my budy 3 years ago but i kno he still have it !! Wen i am going to see him ,i'l take some pics !!!!

Comment

my main trouble was the front suspention ! The bastard was alot more heavy than the b6 ! Nobody makes spring for that aplication ! I took the probe springs cut them to leght,heated the last woundand bended it so they would fit the cups o my struts ! What a fun !!!!!!!!

Comment

Cheap, stiff eBay coilovers would've been a much easier and safer solution.

Comment

Nope !!!!!! The did not suport the extra weight !!! I have tried ! Down the road it was botoming out !

Comment

Comment

I've seen it done on a mz3 so its a fesable swap. Lots of custom work for sure though. As far as the springs go I don't see that motor being any heavier than a klde v6. And there's plenty of ppl running drop springs without bottoming out. I know sohc 1.8t runs sprint spring in his v6 swapped protege.
                      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

don't remember which forum its on, maybe mx6.com, but I've seen the pics. red 323 with a f2t dropped in it. quite the involved project, hence why I gave up.
                        No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

what should i say..... not comment??? or times ticking down
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

i had the exact same trouble putting the f2t in my gc 626. thats the reason i went five lug and in the end took everything from the mx6
                            86 626 5dr- f2t swap, holset, and love of my life
                            89 323 3dr- saving gas stock
                            91 323 3dr- full race coming soon
                            92 protege- test mule for now
                            87 supra- sick not dead, i need more boost
                            96 740il- smoked out on stgd 20s, no chrome
                            and so many other cars

The way to tell the difference between an automotive enthusiast and a
                            person who only loves what they drive is simple. The use of the word RICER!!!

Comment

2.5 weeks until im officially able to put a FE3 into my BG
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                              X