Head bolt thread size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head bolt thread size

Does anyone know the size of the head bolts? Im trying to locate a TAP to clean out the threads in the block before I reassemble it and I cant seem to find the correct one. I think its 11X1.5 can someone clarify? Thanks.
    BPT Power....Drop a gear and disappear.sigpic

Yes, it is an 11mm thread, I don't remember the pitch. I know that ARP makes the right thread 'chaser', but it's like $50. I just ended up cutting slots in an old head bolt and using it to clean out the threads. You shouldn't really use a 'tap' as it could actually damage the threads from what I have read.

--Ferdi
    If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
    -----
    Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
    Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
    Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

Ok the cutting slot idea might be the best. What did you use to make the slots? What can using a tap damage? I already used a tap to do the main bearing cap bolt holes.
      BPT Power....Drop a gear and disappear.sigpic

Comment

I just used a dremel cut-off disc. From what I have read, if you're not careful you could actually cut into the threads with a tap.

--Ferdi
        If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
        -----
        Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
        Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
        Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

Working...
        X