Oil Smoke on the exhaust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Smoke on the exhaust!

Hi! guy i have right now an issue in my car, sometimes it has an oil smoke on the exhaust, but it do not happens frequently, if i race the car, there is no smoke, when the car get temperature it does not do it, but at a stop light it does, and as soon as i hit the road there is no smoke, what it is?
    94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

I had that problem once ( at least it sounds like it), my IAC went out. It would smoke when I would come to a stop. Also would run lean sometimes.

IAC= Idle Air Control.
    Mx3 RS,BP-turbo
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628805

Comment

My oil pan is leaking onto my exhaust right now, I am having that problem as well.

Comment

but is is coming form the tail pipe

Also the iac there are no oil passages or not in there?
        94 lx, custom manifold Mitsubishi 16g (EVO III) turbo, XTD stage 3 clutch kit, strut bar, and 3 inches exhaust free flow. Natural aspired Head and Block, RX7 N/A 440 cc injectors, GTX intake manifold, MS2 V3 (stratifiedauto) , SX Fuel pressure regulator, Front mount intercooler, TD05 16g turbo

Comment

No oil in the IAC only coolant.

Comment

Valveguides.
            '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
            '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Originally posted by Masterbanter View Post
              I had that problem once ( at least it sounds like it), my IAC went out. It would smoke when I would come to a stop. Also would run lean sometimes.

IAC= Idle Air Control.
              How would the IAC cause smoking?

Comment

very good question!

Comment

could it be valve seals?

Comment

check your PVC valve - is it working properly?

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                      How would the IAC cause smoking?
                      Cause you to run rich at idle and lean under boost. If broken, at least it did to mine. I would drive to work in the morning and when I would get off the interstate it would poor out smoke, disable it and it went away.
                      Mx3 RS,BP-turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Loco_R View Post
                        could it be valve seals?
                        Most bad valve guide seals make your engine smoke on startup.
                        Mx3 RS,BP-turbo

Comment

Running rich results in black smoke and oil in blue smoke.

Comment

it smells and look blue like oil, could it be the turbo, and the pc valve i dont have it conected to the intake.

Comment

My car did the same thing when the seals in my turbo went bad. It was fine when I as driving, but as soon as it started idling it would smoke from the tailpipe. Replace/rebuild the turbo and the problem should go away.

Comment

Working...
                              X