Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port and Polish

Hey people:

I just got a complete kia 1.8dohc Valvetrain. The Intake/Exhaust ports were ported and polished and so was the intake manifold along with the throttle.

Is this a good upgrade?

Originally posted by BFNewbie View Post
    Hey people:

I just got a complete kia 1.8dohc Valvetrain. The Intake/Exhaust ports were ported and polished and so was the intake manifold along with the throttle.

Is this a good upgrade?
    It depends. You can do more harm than good if you don't know what you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by BFNewbie View Post
      Hey people:

Is this a good upgrade?
      It really depends if the person that did the porting/polishing knew what they were doing. Is the exhaust ports smooth? Intake ports still rough? I guess it will work, but the best thing to do is to take it to a place that does porting/polishing and ask them, and have them do it correctly and then bench test it.
      Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

what year kia head? i dont think those where any better the then egt heads, where they?

Comment

they have nothing special as far as I know.
          Posted By: Wheresthericego

The BP crank is made out of invincible.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X