Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator

Pardon if repeat thread...
    Any know if one of those tiny ass honda civic radiators would do in the 323 1.8sohc?

Trying to free up some space under the hood.

why do you need extra space in the bay for a SOHC?
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

No real reason, just curious. Stock one seems big for such a small motor.

Comment

why not just take it out and connect the upper hose with the lower hose?
        The stock radiator is fine and I don't see any good reason to put a smaller radiator in a car
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

WHAT?!... you don't want a bigger radiator for more efficient cooling?!?!

More surface area = More cooling capacity

Oh no, I have more room in my engine bay but now my engine temps are high and sometimes overheats.

Why wouldn't a Honda rad work in any engine... I mean when the temps get too hot the fan is suppose to come on and simulate airflow like you're driving... right?

You were gonna put a fan on that small Honda rad too right?... if you were, get use to having it go on more often.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
          Member of MX-3.com
          1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
          1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Only curious, I will remain respectful to the 323 gods, and leave it alone.

Comment

mmm now im curios too! will it fit???

Comment

anything will fit

with enough effort
                "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by lepichichi :) View Post
                  mmm now im curios too! will it fit???
                  What is with you people?

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
                  Member of MX-3.com
                  1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
                  1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                    why not just take it out and connect the upper hose with the lower hose?
                    ROFL
                    Lookin' to boost my BP. Any help at all on this subject would be benificial to my success.

Comment

Working...
                    X