whats the CEL code 3long, and 4short mean please thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the CEL code 3long, and 4short mean please thanks

i recently put it back together, and i'm getting 3long flashes, and than 4shorter ones after a pause, please which ones that means, or where the list is for them, thank you, tty guys later.

john

ISC Valve.

--Ferdi
    If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
    -----
    Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
    Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
    Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

nice brakes dude i'm jealous, how did they work? you just measured it huh :/

whats the ICS valve, i probably cant find it myself in the FSM i have no clue, thank you

john

Comment

Idle Speed Control. Has a 2-prong connector right under the throttle body. The FSM states that the resistance between the pins on the valve should be 11-13Ω at 68°F.

The brakes worked great on the track.

--Ferdi
        Last edited by ftjandra; 01-12-2009, 01:08 AM.
        If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
        -----

Comment

cool thanks, and idea which colors, are they black orange/ black green :o

cause i thought they were grounds.... where do they go? or are they...

hm, the colors are?????????????? thank you dude.

could you go into detail please... some of my two prong connectors got ****ed up so like, i dont knwo where they go, or if i'm missing one.

Comment

The FSM says the colors are Blue/Orange and White/Red. The White/Red should have 12V since it gets power through the fuel injection relay. The Blue/Orange goes to the ECU. If you thought they were grounds, what did you connect to the actual ISC Valve (it's the only electrical connector on the throttle body)?

--Ferdi
            -----

Comment

Wow... how the fcuk did you miss the sticky thread right at the top?

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
              Member of MX-3.com
              1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
              1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Working...
              X