g series swap wierd leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

g series swap wierd leak

hi i just did a g series swap on my 90 mazda protege dx and i replaced the diff seals and now there leaking after i just put them in.
    1989 bf b6 hatch. dead
    1992 maz 323 project rally. dead

1991 mazda protege custom cai
    2.5 inch exhaust in to magnaflo dual tip muffler
    bp swap obx stainless header exintake miata 10.1 pistons and megasquirt comming real soon

sigpic

if you just put them in, you might have ripped them when you were installing them. or you didn't press them in all the way. you need to take the axles back out and inspect the seals.
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

i just took them back out and they look fine its only the one on the pass side and it looks better than the other side. could this happen if i over filled the tranny.
      Last edited by 89bfb6; 02-19-2009, 02:22 AM.
      1989 bf b6 hatch. dead

bp swap obx stainless header exintake miata 10.1 pistons and megasquirt comming real soon

sigpic

Comment

you know I have the same problem with the passenger side seal always leaking on mine, even though the seal seems fine, had 3 different ones now. But with me I think the problem has to do with the midshaft not seating perfectly flush against the seal. Check to make sure your midshaft is bolted straight in, check the mounting bolts too for play on the midshaft.

Comment

You should also check your halfshaft where the seal rides on... if that is dirty or has a big gouge that could make it leak.

Before you put your axles in, do you grease up the lips of the seals? This just insures that you don't get a dry rotation and rip the seal.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
          Member of MX-3.com
          1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
          1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

yes i greased the seals and the mid shaft has this metal piece that goes up against the seal and i think it is the culprit but
            it looks fine.
            1989 bf b6 hatch. dead

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X