just went dead at stop light///

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just went dead at stop light///

90 323, getting fire, but no fuel, disconnected fuel line at base of fuel filter and no gas at all while turning key, I jumper wired the fp to gnd and can hear the pump, but even with jumper on and cranking it want pump gas.....would this mean new pump needed or is there another relay that would keep gas from getting to filter.
    90 323 bone stock

no other relay ... you bypassed everything when you jumpered ... bad pump or the sock filter on the pump is clogged, or the check valve beside/ behind the gas tank has fallen off it's rust-prone bracket and is tipped over

Comment

well youve jumpered the pump and still get no fuel @ b4 the filter so either you are dumping fuel all over your driveway while you are doing this from a broken fuel line or the above applies. you are sure there is fuel in the tank right ? not just relying on the gauge?

the check valve is mounted right by the tank with 3 hoses attached to it (unless this is an emissions check valve) and is easily bypassed . i would think it would be a junkyard or dealer only item

Comment

I replaced the old fuel pump and all ok,,,pretty much the old pump will power up but would not pump at all,,,,,i guess 180K miles on original is pretty good...
        90 323 bone stock

Comment

good to see you all fixed up

Comment

Working...
          X