AC/power steering removal....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC/power steering removal....

ive removed my AC on my neon, and im wanting to take the AC off my LX. But i just want to ask anyone if theyve removed the Power steering on there pro...and how much it hendered steering...on my neon it was ok until slow speeds.. Just wanted to hear from anyone before i remove them..

And yes ive done search already...

why do u want to take away power steering
    i is dumb

Comment

you know if you remove power steering you can replace our rack and pinion with the unassisted 323's R&P. Your car is drivable without powersteering according to (mike_moss?). but i would strongly suggest getting a 323's.
      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
      So his engine he goosed
      With much too much boost,
      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

just to free up some crank power, it wont be much, just a little more go.....i didnt like the no powere steering on my neon too much either. Just want to see if anyone drives daily without it...ill just take off the AC and get a powere steering belt..

Comment

talk to mike moss i _believe he has his p/s deactivated for a while.

i still suggest you swap in the 323 rack and pin. it will be easier on your arms.
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I prefer the feeling of the unassisted steering in my 323, when going faster than like 20km/h. However, since i have a small car, i like to squeeze my car into tight spaces, especially when delivering pizzas, so at those times i wish i had power steering becuase its a PITA!!!
            in need of a drop, and a BP.

this is one 323, you dont wanna mess with

Comment

done...its a bitch when im goin slow, but i can feel the difference...i like the way it drives now...i might put the power steering back on...not sure

Comment

Done it on my second gen. Didn't notice much of a difference, but I wanted, no HAD TO see for myself. The steering wasn't so bad, even at low speeds. I don't suggest it unless, you're going for all out power and want to get everylast ditch advantage you can find.
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

i had to unfortunately drive with out power steering on my 1st gen for 1.5 days. As Protoss said, if you are going that route, get the rack and pinion from a 323.
                  I think Protoss will agree on this, but the gearing is not designed to have no power steering.

I think there might be a possiblity of breaking something.
                  Current Cars
                  94 DX, 97 Corolla
                  Past Cars 92 LX(CDN), 89 CIVIC DX, 93 Teg, 93 MX-3

Comment

by gearing u mean tranny.....if so, i highly doubt the small amount of power i gained will put any more strain on the motor than any other real modifications will. But whenever it warms up and i get some money and time im gonna take the AC system out completely and just re attach the power steering...for now i kinda like it..

Comment

Originally posted by ali vegas
                      I think Protoss will agree on this, but the gearing is not designed to have no power steering. I think there might be a possiblity of breaking something.
                      i've heard something to back this up.. basically stating NOTHING about transmission gearing, but the actual gearing in the steering rack. jesse? but at anyrate, since you've killed the a/c out of the loop, just get a measurement for the belt to exclude your a/c and reattatch so you at least have the p/s back. i personally would see this as a safety hazard, but to each his own. good luck bud
                      peace

Comment

It would probably be easiest to go to a parts storer and ask for a Power steering belt for your pro, plainly stating that you have NO AC.
                        I'veseen firstgens with no AC, but I would assume that you could get one with P.S. and no AC, so it shouldn't be that hard to find them.
                        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

he's right, my bad

Comment

oh yea ive got the belt already..its just a matter of me putting it on...I had to bleed my clutch today...i htink i have a leak in my master cylinder

Comment

If it's working fine just leave it.
                              If it's leaking, needs a new belt, or not working properly, then just remove it.
                              I like rotaries. Email me if you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X