weird set of issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird set of issues

i was driving down the road and the car quit and heres what i ahve done to TRY to get it back to work again

Checked the timing belt its good and the car sits now at TDC

New disty
    new coil
    new wires
    new igniter
    i have checkd every fuse and relay under the hood or dash
    i have replaced the two vaccum control solenoids by the TB side of the intake
    ( i was geting codes 41 and 25 this clered these up)
    new fuel pressure regulator
    and a new efi relay ( the one under the hood and by the PCM)
    new fuel pump and fuel sending unit

the car turns but will not fire I am getting no spark and i dont even know where to start looking to see what to look for

Please help me if you can

Doc

sounds like you need to check the wiring from the ecu to the coil if you are not getting any spark. no have you check to see if there is spark coming out of the coil?
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

no spark coming out of the coil but i tried starting it for a good solid 30 sec no fuel smell like there should be also i dont get the hum from the fuel pump when i turn the key to the ON position

doc

Comment

ignition switch bad Not making all the connections?
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

check the vaf plug as well ( for the fuel issue ) does the pump prime @ all? have the key on and move the vane in the vaf and see if the fuel pump comes on

Comment

check ur fuel pump relay ,u can also pop the top on the vaf and spin the dial just a tiny bit so the fuel pump will kick on and then see if it kicks .

Comment

the car cranks like it wants to start but no i will try the VAF ( thats the airbox right the Mass air flow meter?)and stylin do you have a digram so i can see what your talking about?

Doc

Comment

i have never heard of the ecu going bad on these cars but there is always a first maybe you could check that to.
                BP+T = Me happy

Comment

yeah this dia gram shows u u spin the wheel so the fuel pump will kick on .

Comment

put the new ecm and the new maf and no go the same thing cranks but does not want to start i am going to check the feul relay under the hood agian i know that between c-d terminal the reading should be infinate but what is the reading supposed to be betweeen a-b terminal

---
                    ----------
                    c-------a
                    d-------b
                    ----------

that is what it looks like so electric gurus tell me whare am i going wrong?

Doc

Comment

Working...
                    X